Jamo S606 HCS 6

sanchits

hi, i have really liked this HT package by jamo. I havent auditioned them yet, but love the way it looks and have seen good reviews on the net. for the AVR i have finalized Denon 1610 or 1910. HOw are these speakers and where can i audition them in delhi/gurgaon and what is the price like. I'll be mostly using this for music and a bit of movies and the ratio could be 70:30.

Last edited:
I dont wanna burst your bubble but you should steer clear of this package and get the cambridge audio sirocco 5.1 which comes with a sub for the same price and far superior internal components. The s606 is nothing but glossy looks, but internally it has lot of compromises.

you may audition for the sirocoo 5.1 in cr park at fx entertainment I believe.

Last edited:
I dont wanna burst your bubble but you should steer clear of this package and get the cambridge audio sirocco 5.1 which comes with a sub for the same price and far superior internal components. The s606 is nothing but glossy looks, but internally it has lot of compromises.

you may audition for the sirocoo 5.1 in cr park at fx entertainment I believe.

hey, thanks for the suggestion, i'll surely audition the CA sirocco as well, they look pretty good and what is the latest price like of this package. Jamo 606 arent good enough, why do you say that ? I have all the options open, so just trying to figure out which are the best ones in the mean time. Now what amp should i go in for if i buy these speakers. I had decided on denon 1610 or 1910, is there any better option.

The ca sirocco set can be had with subwoofer for 38k I believe.

I was an s606 fan till I saw the inside of this very nice looking tower, the drivers are quite inferior in quality and tweeter is just a small dome on a horrid little piece of cheap plastic.
Not to mention if you look up online, the s606 tweeter BLOWS ( or dies ) extremely often.

Sooo yeah that'd make you wonder... s606 hcs3 package at 42 with cheap internal parts vs a full 5.1 set with excellent finish and crossovers and unique drivers at 38 (talking about the sirocco 5.1 ) I'm pretty sure the decision is obvious, not to mention no booming from the low quality 8" side firing driver on the 606.

The fronts of a set is very important in an ht vs stereo setup, the s606 tower pair is better as a pair than on an ht because movies require an lfe aka sub, and youd have to spend another 15grand to get yourself a sub and then youll have 3 low range drivers in the set with inferior specialized med range and a cheap built high range. Wayyyy too much cheap ass for such an expensive system at 60k after adding sub wouldnt you say?

You can go for the denon 1610 avr blindly. Excellent VFM avr.

Well CA Siroco has been quoted for around 41.5k by Rythm Corner in South Ex. They didn't have a set on display or in stock, so couldn't audition. They don't stock the model either, but it's available on order.

I didn't go FX Entertainment as lot of people have complained about their absolutely terrible attitude.

I can imagine, delhi SUCKS for av gear stores, very shrude.

But there are a few nice ones like denny, and in gurgaon mgf mall theres 4 major stores they're nice guys too. They replaced my sub entirely for a minor issue.

The ca sirocco set can be had with subwoofer for 38k I believe.

I was an s606 fan till I saw the inside of this very nice looking tower, the drivers are quite inferior in quality and tweeter is just a small dome on a horrid little piece of cheap plastic.
Not to mention if you look up online, the s606 tweeter BLOWS ( or dies ) extremely often.

Sooo yeah that'd make you wonder... s606 hcs3 package at 42 with cheap internal parts vs a full 5.1 set with excellent finish and crossovers and unique drivers at 38 (talking about the sirocco 5.1 ) I'm pretty sure the decision is obvious, not to mention no booming from the low quality 8" side firing driver on the 606.

The fronts of a set is very important in an ht vs stereo setup, the s606 tower pair is better as a pair than on an ht because movies require an lfe aka sub, and youd have to spend another 15grand to get yourself a sub and then youll have 3 low range drivers in the set with inferior specialized med range and a cheap built high range. Wayyyy too much cheap ass for such an expensive system at 60k after adding sub wouldnt you say?

You can go for the denon 1610 avr blindly. Excellent VFM avr.

hi, thanks for all your words, after hearing all this from you, i have dropped the idea of buying the jamo's. I'll audition the CA on wednesday at fx entertainment, i had got the 45k quote from them and not fxpro. i got a bit confused. Where do you suggest i Buy it from, Is denny the right person to buy from or fx entertainment or fxpro. Regarding the Denon 1610, would it suffice the power needs of this setup and good enough for loud volumes. I am planning to get the AVR from London as it is cheaper by 10k approx. Do you think its worth it or should i buy one from here only. Do you think i'll get the CA 5.1 for 38k and which wires Should i go for and the pricing ?

Talk to fx entertainment, tell them 45k is a rip off because the same model is selling in bangalore new for 38, 40 in mumbai. Make a hard stand with them.

I would also suggest not getting avr from outside unless for very cheap, like a denon 1610 for 14k, then itsok. otherwise buy the denon 1610 in india itself, should easily drive the ca 5.1 with no issues.

Sanchits,

you just may want to check with Rythm Corner in South Ex, they quoted 41.5 and with bargain/cash payment and all may go down to 39-40k

Post-audition do let us know how was your experience with FX Entertainment (as well as CA Sirocco's). Not many people have recommended FX Ent. And I got apprehensions about buying from or even going for auditioning to them. Would be interested to know your experience...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back