JAMO Speakers feedback?

balzac

Hi Guys,

Has any of the forum member been using JAMO Speakers? Could you share your thoughts on the built, durability and quality of JAMO Speakers?

Also, what is general review of the speaker:
JAMO 426 HCS - 5 Speaker Package with Standing Speakers
JAMO Sub 210 - Sub Woofers .

Please feel free to share your thoughts on the same.

Hi,

Jamos are decent speakers...the C series is more musical and crystal clear!

The 426 is ok...some find it bassy and some find it bright!

You need to audition and decide....

Which AVR are you using or planning to purchase?

Ok.

I am considering Denon 1200W. But it seems the price of this specific AVR has increased by more than 10K within the last 2 months. Is that true?

Any other options you could suggest for 5.1 setup? It's 70% Movies and 30% Music.

I have budget of 30K for speakers.

Hi

If budget is limited then see for options in For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads...some real good stuff available.

For speakers you could possibly consider Wharfedale, Taga, BIC America, Bostons etc.

Denon 1300 is supposed to be launched so apparently scarcity and demand for the 1200 would have triggered increase in price...

Which city are you located in?

Jamo 's sound signature is clear open slightly bright which overall tends to sound forward in some or most recording. Good laid back warm rich sounding electronics are their perfect partners. If going with AVR look for Yamaha or Denon for Jamos. Have lived with quite a few Jamos . Are they good,definitely if you like that kinda sound signature they are the best. But if you are in to rich dark warm sound look elsewhere.

Last edited:
I noticed it to be a little bright too.

So can we do some adjustment from the AVR and get it reduced? Or the thumb rule goes like if it's a bright speaker it would always be bright?

Hi

Some adjustments will tweak the brightness a bit...not eradicate it totally....also depending on the AVR, a few have manual adjustable EQ where you can play with settings

I noticed it to be a little bright too.

So can we do some adjustment from the AVR and get it reduced? Or the thumb rule goes like if it's a bright speaker it would always be bright?

I'm totally against tone controls , I'm a source direct guy but yes you can control the brightness with tone controls but that's a compromise. You can look at Wharfedale pretty warm at that price point.

am using the Jamo D500 Thx speakers for LCR & C9 surrounds.since am mostly into movies got the Thx ones & they sound fantastic with my emotiva.
however i found the C9 surrounds to be quite musical. Jamo are a bit expensive but with proper match of amp they sound sweet.

Back