Jamo SUB-250 not working

My Jamo Sub250 conked off recently. Would not turn on. Checked the fuse and the electrical input wire, both were fine. Tried to tap the RCA cable with the other end attached to the sub, no sound at all.

Pulled it out and sent to Cinebels Mumbai for repair. Any particular reason that folks know of due to which the Sub could be damaged? Is it overcurrent or amplifier issues? Thanks

same issue with my jamo sub 200 however i only had issues with the speaker level inputs not functioning just the rca input worked, the volume control at the back would work above 60% only below that the sub would be way underpowered, till now when it would not power up. Sent it of to cinebels they said some fet chip is blown, they could not find a part so sent it to Bangalore been a week now and they keep asking for 2-3 days more.
Thinking of going in for a better sub since i found the sub 200 way underpowered for my 350sqft living room and yes i do have air-conditioning on whenever we use it.

@nick
For the problem of sounding underpowered below 60% volume, have you tried using a Y-splitter?
I faced the same issue and a Y-splitter helped.

If you end up going for a new sub, consider 2 subs. Even if they are a bit lower powered, dual subs will sound much better than one high power one.

@nick
For the problem of sounding underpowered below 60% volume, have you tried using a Y-splitter?
I faced the same issue and a Y-splitter helped.

If you end up going for a new sub, consider 2 subs. Even if they are a bit lower powered, dual subs will sound much better than one high power one.

never tried that tho, i used to think about doing that just to see if it does anything. The jamo folks still keep asking me for 3 days more after every third day i call them.
For now i have the svs pb1000 in mind. I went looking for it today could not find it in the three stores i visited. However i did audition a paradigim pdr100 and was unimpressed. The guy had a jamo sub210 as well but told me it costs 23k where as a much better one would cost you 30k upwards.

Hi all
Today my jamo 210 sub stopped working suddenly.
I opened it, thought it must be fuse but thr is no fuse on the circuit board.

can any one will able to help on this.

I am located in mumbai/goregaon east.

Anil

Hello. I'm from Spain and had the same issue. The subwoofer worked perfectly a few weeks ago and today it would not turn on and it blew 2 fuses.

How should I open it? I removed all the screws that were around the back plate, but it stayed firm. There's other screws towards the center, but I imagine these are holding things inside.

I have seen a video of a Brazilian guy showing burnt Mosfets, so that's what I'll check first.

Thank you.

Hello. I'm from Spain and had the same issue. The subwoofer worked perfectly a few weeks ago and today it would not turn on and it blew 2 fuses.

How should I open it? I removed all the screws that were around the back plate, but it stayed firm. There's other screws towards the center, but I imagine these are holding things inside.

I have seen a video of a Brazilian guy showing burnt Mosfets, so that's what I'll check first.

Thank you.
Usually screws at edges of the plate should be removed as center one can be for PCB mounting.Blowing fuse mostly due to higher current drawn due to shortening of circuit.So need to check what is the actual cause .It can be faulty diode,resistor or MOSFET.

Hi all,

My Jamo SUB-250 is not working from today. I have opened it and found the the main circuit board is shorted. As soon as i give the power to it, the the line fuse will drip. It is a multilayer circuit board and i think the board itself got short. The components seems to be fine. Not sure how to check the switching power supply.

Where can i find the replacement board? or can any one can suggest me somebody can repair this?

Thanks,
Sudhish.
Hi sudhish,

Can please share the connecting board(preamp) specifically close pic near to volume control IC

Regards,
Vijay

Hi sudhish,

Can please share the connecting board(preamp) specifically close pic near to volume control IC

Regards,
Vijay
doubt he is going to reply as the thread is super old & he hasn't been active on the forum since 2015.
I got a nice flashback seeing my old post regarding my Jamo sub issues, man i remember those old days :p

Cheers.

Yes, the fuse is integrated inside the power socket. If you examine the power socket, you will be able see the picture of the fuse on it. Remove the power plug from the socket and you will be able to pull it out using a long nose plaier(no need to remove any screws on the sub).

Not sure if you're still coming on here, Sudhish, but hopefully you are. What's the best part to pull on with the long nose pliers to get the power socket out?
Cheers
Justin

Hi guys.
I know this is a mega old thread, but maybe my information will help someone.
I gave my Jamo sub 250 subwoofer to a friend a few days ago and it's currently fixed. Friend told me that the cause of damage to these subwoofers is the yellow glue with which the components are covered. After some time it starts to pierce the current and damages the electronics. It needs to be removed and, of course, the broken parts need to be replaced.
I think the guy knows what he is talking about. I got a one-year warranty for the repair.

Hello all.

I managed to disassemble the woofer by removing the speaker and pushing the electronics from the inside.

I found the 730 mosfets beside the transformer were shorted. But they were extremely difficult to remove because of the glue, which was very dark around them. I ended up ripping some traces of the component side of the electronics board.

With patience and jumper cables, I replaced the 730s. But as soon as I connected it, it blew the fuse again and one of the 730s was shorted. It hadn't even been turned on.

My wife's getting rid of it tomorrow. In the meanwhile, I got a used one.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back