Jamo vs Elac

suz

Hi,

I am planning to set up a home theater at my new home. The size of the room is 12 ft X 17.5 ft. It's completely dedicated to watching movies. I have a 46 inch Samsung series 5 screen which would be mounted on the wall of the theater.

I am really having tough time in deciding which speakers to buy. My budget is around 80 - 90k (including the AVR, can stretch it to a lac). Most probably I will buy the Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver. That will leave around 45 - 55k for the speakers. I would like to setup a 5.1 system.

I heard Klipsch F2 series, Jamo and ELAC systems at ezone in bangalore. All mated to a Onkyo 606. I felt Klipsch was not as good as other 2 and was more expensive. Now, I am not able to decide between Jamo and Elac.

The setup of Jamo was
S 60 CEN
S 602
S 606
SUB 250

ELAC was
CC - 51
BS - 52/53 (I dont remember the model correctly)
FS - 58
SUB -50

I felt ELAC was better. But I haven't seen much reviews of ELAC and sure how they sound overall and ezone guy said Jamo service is much better in India as ELac has been outsourced to Onkyo who in turn outsource service to some third party.

I am really in need of some expert advice to decide on the above issue. Is it really true that ELac service is not that great?

regards,
Suz

Go with Jamo package. Between the 2 you have shortlisted, this one is much better than the other.

Why not take a side by side demo with your favorite disks?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back