Jamo vs Polk

whizker

Hi all, i'm thinking to buy speakers set for home theater. My choices are either Jamo or Polk, but i couldn't decide. Could you please advise me? I'm gonna use it for movie, gaming, and music (karaoke too maybe). Mostly movie..

Got some offer..
1 Pr Speaker Front Jamo C 97 ( Floorstanding )
1 Pc Speaker Center Jamo C 9 Cen
1 Pr Speaker Surn Jamo C 9 Sur
1 Pr Speaker Back Surn Jamo 9 Sur
1 Pc Subwoofer Jamo J 12 ( 12 inch )
1 Unit Receiver Onkyo 727 Full HD / 3D

or

1 Pr Speaker Front Polk Audio TSX 550
1 Pc Speaker Center Polk Audio TSX 250 C
1 Pr Speaker Surn Polk Audio FXI A4
1 Pr Speaker Back Surn Polk Audio FXI A4
1 Pc Subwoofer Polk Audio PSW 125 ( 12 inch )

Thanks!

Get an audition of the same. Also please post some details like room size, budget, etc. Audition yourself and see which you like.

Jamo E530 was the first pair of "Hi-Fi" speakers I ever bought... Polk Audio TSi300 was the second. I would go for Jamo every time. But I don't know how things have changed for both the brands in the last decade.

Jamos are slightly better made. Polk makes audio equipment for the mass market and the TSx range specifically is their lowest end range.

Going by brand alone, I would choose Jamo, but nothing beats an audition.

Audition is the key trust your ears like aashish I too brought jamo but my experience was diff

Jamo's Concert series are very good for music listening. Polk audio TXi series mainly made for the purpose of home movies, hence if you're a music lover go with Jamo C series.

The room is 5x5m could be bigger as i seperate them to 5x8m. Mixed it with gym room though (5x3m). Was told about martin logan motion series.. what do you say?
for the budget probably between 9-10k just for the audio

Go for jamo Concert series any day compared to polk tsx series if you have budget.I have a concert series with an elac subwoofer and must say they just beat polk tsx series. I don't think the the polk and jamo you mentioned are in the same price range !!

+1 to the Jamo camp.
I've almost never seen a polk that I've been impressed by.
I've seen Jamo a lot less, but almost all of them have been very good.

I have Jamo mids in my custom speaker build, and they're seriously good

Cool.
Srinath.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back