jamo?

hi, i am on the hunt for a new sub too, jamos re not known to make good subs ,have not heard the sub u mentioned ,but u cud look out for
-- def tech reference supercube
--velodyne ( look @ something above the CHT12 R , as i own these currently & am not too happy with it) its too boomy and the remote adds to confusion
---rel --reference series-----do let me know if u come across anything good

hi, i am on the hunt for a new sub too, jamos re not known to make good subs ,have not heard the sub u mentioned ,but u cud look out for
-- def tech reference supercube
--velodyne ( look @ something above the CHT12 R , as i own these currently & am not too happy with it) its too boomy and the remote adds to confusion
---rel --reference series-----do let me know if u come across anything good

can you suggest which velodyne you should consider and which deftech and which rel

and price of deftech and rel please

i think u shud look @ the spl series(800/1200/1500) from the velodyne,
definitive technology supercube reference is the model ( claims a power of1800 class D, it has 1 active 14'' and 2 passive14'' and weighs almost 45kgs)----i also came to know that rel makes very good subs ,u shud look @ the reference series studio 3 / stentor 3
Dali Helicon H600 MK2 is also supposed to be a very good sub
B & W ASW 750/675 is also well recommended
the price range of these shud be in the range of 75--1
i am looking for a sub to go with the C809 jamos as these produce very good bass it overpowers the bass from most of the subs including the velo CHT12R so i need a good powerfull sub

i think u shud look @ the spl series(800/1200/1500) from the velodyne,
definitive technology supercube reference is the model ( claims a power of1800 class D, it has 1 active 14'' and 2 passive14'' and weighs almost 45kgs)----i also came to know that rel makes very good subs ,u shud look @ the reference series studio 3 / stentor 3
Dali Helicon H600 MK2 is also supposed to be a very good sub
B & W ASW 750/675 is also well recommended
the price range of these shud be in the range of 75--1
i am looking for a sub to go with the C809 jamos as these produce very good bass it overpowers the bass from most of the subs including the velo CHT12R so i need a good powerfull sub

firstly,i would like to say that manu you are too confused and you need to stick somewhere. secondly, SPL is a good series but what you need is thump so may need the SPL12' . as for CHt the fella said too boomy. it clearly means the positioning of sub is not good, either its too close to the corner wall or bass is traping in the corners. he needs to change the position and if the room is rectangular then place the sub close to you front speakers or some what right in the middle of the screen(considering the set up is in one side of the rectangular room) rule wise Square rooms are really bad and create standing waves. try to use some bass traps in the corners and place the sub in middle again providing its in one side of a room. I am sure the response will be more flat and boomyness will dissapear.

As for you query Manu: do look at REL studio 3 or stentor series if you have atleast 3 lakhs spare especially for studio which is really expensive. they use volt drivers and 3 chambers to fool the sub as if the sub box is quite big. but aparently they are really good music but except studio none of the others are good for movies.

once again please go and listen to different subs as your choice of bass could be different to for ex me or someone else. so trust your ears and they won't dissapoint you i promise.

regards,

swatantra

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back