Japan Wi-Fi shopping

RAJUSH26

At Japan for one month,
Yamaha rx 585 - around 450 USD
Yamaha NS F210 Floor standing speakers at 200 USD
Should I buy ??

How will you get the floor standers back to India ?
Don't you think you will spend a lot for extra luggage and duties too

If you have to get something from Japan buy something which is reasonably expensive and makes such an excercise worth it

Or get something which is easy to carry
Like for example a good dac, or streamer or a CDP

Japan voltage and frequently not compatible with India.

If u r interested...vinyl cartridges is a good market I am told.

Yes very valid point by @mpw

Get something which is a passive device
Speakers become a good choice but your choice if speakers not worth the money you would spend on luggage and duty

At Japan for one month,
Yamaha rx 585 - around 450 USD
Yamaha NS F210 Floor standing speakers at 200 USD
Should I buy ??
Get some vintage VFET amps, they are cheap there than every where else in the world. Also, try getting German made loudspeakers. Japanese love German stuff and they buy all exotic German stuff, may be even more than Germans themselves! Weird, but fact, if u are a regular used market person. Any new stuff can be sourced elsewhere. For Japan those would be by shopping list. Check hifishark to see if you are doubtful. Forget recievers and stuff... all made in china, can be bought anywhere. Also there are couple of modders who work on portable players like Astell and Kern. https://www.headfonia.com/review-ryuzohs-ak70-kai-the-mod-mod/... Those things can be found cheaper there than elsewhere. Also look for Furutech/fostex stuff, which are Japanese.

I agree with rikhav, get some good speakers from Japan or good speaker cables/power cables from Furutech or Oyayide.
Another option is to get Harbeth speakers may be a P3ESR which is small but a good one. You can check for used one.
Please check the link http://www.audiounion.jp/

If you need brand new visit Yodobashi. It is a very good experience. One of my main entertainment is Japan was visiting this place.They even offer tax free for people on business visa/tourist, do carry your passport to avail this offer.

I recommend getting Furutech cables... USB, Power, Speaker cables, banana plugs etc etc would be great... Would advise not to buy heavy duty amps due to the voltage... speakers like Harbeth P3ESR would be a good idea if the OP needs something like that.. Else get them for someone on the forum and charge a 15% service charge ;)

Thanks for all the inputs .
Today travelling to Igawa , visiting biggest electronic chain shop called K's
Looking for good bookshelf speakers since floor standing ones will be too cumbersome to bring baack home .

Also Japan Amazon GRT prices .

Klipsch 600
Kef
Qacoustics
BA
Elac

Which of the above are best speakers for home use ,hall 300 sq.feet. music:movie 50:50
I have a yam rx v 649 av receiver.
Also any other suggestions .
Thanks friends

If in tokyo, Go to Yodabashi camera, 4th floor for new stuff and Hifi do at Akihabara for used audio..i was there last week and the former is mindblowing.

If in tokyo, Go to Yodabashi camera, 4th floor for new stuff and Hifi do at Akihabara for used audio..i was there last week and the former is mindblowing.
I do agree, Yodobashi is amazing. They have separate floors for HT and stereo. Yodobashi dont carry Accuphase but they do carry a lot
Hifi amps/dac/speakers across the globe. Akihabara is very good for used as well as new.

Thanks for all the inputs .
Today travelling to Igawa , visiting biggest electronic chain shop called K's
Looking for good bookshelf speakers since floor standing ones will be too cumbersome to bring baack home .

Also Japan Amazon GRT prices .

Klipsch 600
Kef
Qacoustics
BA
Elac

Which of the above are best speakers for home use ,hall 300 sq.feet. music:movie 50:50
I have a yam rx v 649 av receiver.
Also any other suggestions .
Thanks friends

From the list I like Kef. If you are looking for bookshelf try to get KefR300. I like R300 than LS50

From the list I like Kef. If you are looking for bookshelf try to get KefR300. I like R300 than LS50
I too liked the R300 over ls50. Felt the 50s had more exageratted mids, which added up a boxiness to the mids. Like listening to a HD 650 headphones, where mids have weight, but it doesnt have the stax's absence of boxiness. R300 is really underrated. But, at this point of time, I think we should consider the Buchardt s300 also this category. Anyone heard that in person`?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back