Hi! Guys,

Who are your fav Jazz artists? Well mine are:-
1. L. ARMSTRONG,
2. ELLA,
3. BEN WEBSTER (MY FAV)
4. OSCAR PETERSON,
5. AHMED JAMAL,
6. SONNY ROLLINS
7. DAVE BRUBEK (How can v forget Take 5)
8. Of Course MILES DAVIS (Kind of blue best album) I have the LP and its amazing.
9. Diana Krall (Oh! she's gorgeous:D & has a fantastic voice. However her new albums are too commerical.:( for my liking.

10. Fourplay
11. Spyrogyra
12. Dave Grusin etc.

This is all I think of right now. Oh yes Arturo sandoval is amazing, just picked up an album of his (very best of).

Rgds

Prithvi

try internet radio
log on to website http://www.live365.com/index.live
choose smooth jazz.
select the broadcast at 64k.
use best headphone.
listen after 10.30pm.
dim the lights.
use the reclining chair.
put your legs cross, across the table.
keep the hands folded behind the neck.
close the eyes.
relax and allow yourself to float.
man that is jazz. :cool:
i am listening now as i am typing this.

stpmds

warning: wives hate husbands getting hooked to listening to jazz especially using headphones.:mad:

Being more of a smooth jazz listener I listen to Bob James, Earl Klugh, Fourplay, George Benson, Hiromi, Lee Ritenour, Weather Report, Doc Powell, Spyro Gyra, Groover Washington Jr, etc.

try internet radio
log on to website http://www.live365.com/index.live
choose smooth jazz.
select the broadcast at 64k.
use best headphone.
listen after 10.30pm.
dim the lights.
use the reclining chair.
put your legs cross, across the table.
keep the hands folded behind the neck.
close the eyes.
relax and allow yourself to float.
man that is jazz. :cool:
i am listening now as i am typing this.

stpmds

warning: wives hate husbands getting hooked to listening to jazz especially using headphones.:mad:
May I add " Keep a glass of Whisky close at hand and sip gently anon!

Interesting....Diana Krall happens to me one of my favorites too. But "husky" ?!

Last edited:
charlie parker..he perhaps did to jazz what james joyce did to the novel..a brilliant paradigm shift away from the accepted jazz notions of the day....father of bebop..the true musician whose tremendous technical virtuosity and 'revolutionary harmonic ideas' never diluted the essentially spiritual quality of his music...there is perhaps no jazz piece as deeply moving as his free flowing improvisation in Parkers Mood...

my particular favourite: Parker's Mood..Billy's Bounce rendered brilliantly in vocalese by the Jon Hendricks( hendricks lambert and ross) Group ..hendrick's skill at putting lyrics to jazz classics was celebrated in a Grammy award for his work on The Manhaten Transfer album ' Vocalese' ...Orinthology...Steeplechase...the list goes on..

and talking of smooth..kurt elling

Aaaahhh my fav.....

Miles Davis - simply genius!! (A Kind of Blue - What an album?!!) Please also listen to Bitches Brew....

John Coltrane - Stardust

Chick Corea

JJ Cale

:)

PS: Does anyone know where I can get a second hand saxophone and a teacher in Delhi?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back