JBL 9.1 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Is it Worth the price ?

In case you have not ordered anything already, please keep below points in mind.
1. Try to keep fronts and center from same series or atleast same manufacture to have good synergy between them.
2. Prices for AVR that you quoted are way too high. I got my denon 3600h for 85k in august this year. Look if you can get a 5013 or 3600 in stock somewhere.
3. Do audition Q accoustics as well, since they are pretty good in this price.

Team ,

Can you suggest a good AVR for Paradigm Monitor 5.1 Package ?View attachment 50590?
I think you are on a good thing with paradigm. I had purchased an entry level paradigm HT system for my bedroom. many years ago and it struck me with the clarity and articulation. this was a 5.1 set CT70 or something. I needed to spend multiples of that to get a better sound (I now have the B&W MT55).

i had paired the paradigm with Denon 1612 and was quite happy. but this is a much bigger system.

If budget is a constraint, I would suggest you buy a decent AVR with pre outs for the mains (and which allow the front channel amps to be switched off). later you can add a 2 channel amp for the mains to fully unlock the potential of your front speakers. If I were you I would look at the marantz 1509 on Hifimart. maybe anil will give you a "post lockdown" deal. later you can buy a 2 channel amp.

if budget is not a constraint, I would evaluate higher end Yamahas (dont look at anything below the 600 series, preferably the avantage series) & the Denon 3600h.

all the best.

[edit: power is logarithmic so you really will not hear different between and 80 and 90w amp. I have been quite happy with the marantz 1509 and MT55 in a 190sqft bedroom. (And I do have spare amps lying around which I can plug in but never needed to). you really need to up the power by 2x to actually hear a difference]

Last edited:
I think you are on a good thing with paradigm. I had purchased an entry level paradigm HT system for my bedroom. many years ago and it struck me with the clarity and articulation. this was a 5.1 set CT70 or something. I needed to spend multiples of that to get a better sound (I now have the B&W MT55).

i had paired the paradigm with Denon 1612 and was quite happy. but this is a much bigger system.

If budget is a constraint, I would suggest you buy a decent AVR with pre outs for the mains (and which allow the front channel amps to be switched off). later you can add a 2 channel amp for the mains to fully unlock the potential of your front speakers. If I were you I would look at the marantz 1509 on Hifimart. maybe anil will give you a "post lockdown" deal. later you can buy a 2 channel amp.

if budget is not a constraint, I would evaluate higher end Yamahas (dont look at anything below the 600 series, preferably the avantage series) & the Denon 3600h.

all the best.

[edit: power is logarithmic so you really will not hear different between and 80 and 90w amp. I have been quite happy with the marantz 1509 and MT55 in a 190sqft bedroom. (And I do have spare amps lying around which I can plug in but never needed to). you really need to up the power by 2x to actually hear a difference]
I just loved the first 3 words of your edit section.

all the best.

Agree, i too have NR 1509 and is good enough for my 220 sqft room. Got from HiFi mart for 32.5k. its out of stock for quite sometime, may be because is is borderline outdated model but call them up and check when will it be back in stock.

Team , I finalized Yamaha AVENTAGE Series RX 880 and RX 1080 ?
I searched both and the main difference i can find is the inclusion of Surround AI in Yamaha 1080 .
"Is Surround AI WORTH ? or i have to wait for New Yamaha 8K receivers RX V6A ?

Team,
JBL 9.1 is basically a movie oriented Soundbar which i bought for 75k (Pooja offer ) MRP 80K.
It creates an immersive experience around us.
Subwoofer is the master control of the product.
Atmos effect is mind blowing and due to the heavy bass , scenes really comes to life.
I have some atmos demo videos and watching and feeling atmos for the first time was a mind blowing experience.
Yet to watch a full movie and have downloaded Ready player one , Mulan , Despicable 3 atmos prints for a Jump start into Atmos world
Rear surround speakers placement and charging is little bit annoying as i have not yet find a fixed place yet in my room.
As im going to pair this with my new Optomo UHD 51A projector will put screenshots once done.

Those are in a budget and yet needs atmos effect do try this soundbar as it is SATISFACTION GUARANTEED...
Its only for Movies and for music its lacks Vocal clarity and Heavy bass overkills .

I also heard good reviews about Polk audio S55, but yet to get a demo. Will be getting this saturday.
Also i have got the quote for Paradigm Monitor series(SE 3000F) in less price than S55. Anyways i am very eager to listen to S55 on saturday and will finalize based on the output.

By biggest concern is in AVR department. im yet to finalise Marantz SR 5015 , being a new model it cost nearly a lakh.(94000)
I want to reduce the price of AVR also so that my wallet does not have holes after entire purchase.
Finalised below in the list. Please help to select optimum product

1) Yamaha RX V 685 - 52000/-
2) Pioneer VSX 934 - 55000/-
3) Marantz SR 5014 (discontinued) that why opted for SR 5015 - 94000/-
4) Denon x2600 - worse case as im an Yamaha user for the past 8 yrs.- 69000/-
Hi Seeshyam,
Congrats on your JBL bar purchase!

Iam also in two minds b/w the simplicity and value of a Soundbar vs the tunablity and detail of a HT setup.

Can you tell me at what price you got the JBL Bar? Was it online?

Iam also wondering about the price of 52k for Yamaha RX V 685 which seems a very good quote, can you tell me where you were quoted this price?

You were looking at aventage Yamaha receivers too right ?
Did you get any quotes for them?

Team,
JBL 9.1 is basically a movie oriented Soundbar which i bought for 75k (Pooja offer ) MRP 80K.
Atmos effect is mind blowing and due to the heavy bass , scenes really comes to life.
I have some atmos demo videos and watching and feeling atmos for the first time was a mind blowing experience.
Yet to watch a full movie and have downloaded Ready player one , Mulan , Despicable 3 atmos prints for a Jump start into Atmos world
Rear surround speakers placement and charging is little bit annoying as i have not yet find a fixed place yet in my room.
As im going to pair this with my new Optomo UHD 51A projector will put screenshots once done.

Those are in a budget and yet needs atmos effect do try this soundbar as it is SATISFACTION GUARANTEED...
Its only for Movies and for music its lacks Vocal clarity and Heavy bass overkills .
Congrats on the new purchase, I also picked a Sharp Atmos soundbar and quite happy with it. Which atmos test files you are using it for demo, can you please list it. I am not able to play atmos from Netflix as my tv is not capable.

Team,

Are the dialogues clear? Or are they being drowned by background?

Team,

Congratulations. May I ask where did you get the product from. That is a good offer. I have a dealer who quoted a price but also trying to scare me from the product saying the battery life is quite bad. What is your real world experience?

Hi Seeshyam,
Congrats on your JBL bar purchase!

Iam also in two minds b/w the simplicity and value of a Soundbar vs the tunablity and detail of a HT setup.

Can you tell me at what price you got the JBL Bar? Was it online?

Iam also wondering about the price of 52k for Yamaha RX V 685 which seems a very good quote, can you tell me where you were quoted this price?

You were looking at aventage Yamaha receivers too right ?
Did you get any quotes for them?
Go for JBL ....You wont regret.. You can save a good amount of money and also hazle free setup from wires.
Movie nights will immerse and we will feel the pump......Buy without hesitations...you can bargain for 75000 in any shops and will get it as only premiere customers will opt for it....So dont waste time buying HTIB...go to Future...

Congratulations. May I ask where did you get the product from. That is a good offer. I have a dealer who quoted a price but also trying to scare me from the product saying the battery life is quite bad. What is your real world experience?
Real word experience is good..battery last around 5 hours for mw...recharging is not a big deal as we can connecting usb cables directly to it.Real world Experience is Mindblowing and Awesome.....oneword i can say JBL ROCKS in soundbar department

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back