JBL EON 515XT Power Question

Tony77

Hi all. I hope this is the right spot for this question.

Would it be possible to use US-made JBL Eon 515XT powered speakers in the UK without a step-down transformer?

The backplate says they are rated 50/60hz 100-220V. The amplifiers inside total 625w (525+100)

Full specs are here: http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/EON515XT_SS_0811.web.pdf

UK mains voltage is supposedly 230V, but apparently can be measured anywhere between 220V and 250V.

I really don't want to have to buy new speakers when I move next month, but I can't risk blowing up my PA as I use it for work.

Thanks in advance

Tony.

Hi Tony,

The back panel diagram in the pdf clearly shows its multi voltage capable, but it would be best if you could get this point confirmed by the manufacturer themselves, so shoot them an email or call them on their helpline.

If they say its all good then no worries. BTW, what about the mains chord that you have been supplied with the speakers??? You might have to change the cord in favor of the UK spec power cord with the plug pins having the grounding pin & orientation of the pins will differ compared to that of a US spec. That according to me will be most important factor to look into!

Best wishes

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back