JBL home theatre help

Im gonna definately try this out. only observation is that it lacks usb port.

Denon 1612 and Yamaha 471 have USB port and should be around 25-26K. IMO, this usb option is not of much use as it can play only audio and there is limitations like maximum number of files, hdd size limit etc.

He guys just came back from the music store. the guy gave me two final options:-
Option 1: Mission M34i Floor standing speakers paired with Denon 1312
Option 2: JBL Cinema 300 with Denon 1312

both are coming to somewhere around 45k. I really liked the idea of floorstanding speakers but not sure how reliable Mission speakers are (experience was good though, lacking dat base). He also referred to me of taking discontinued Infinity 250 primus speakers with Denon 1312.

Thanks for all help till now.
Anupum

Denon 1312 is a good entry level receiver, go for it. It is unfair to compare such reputed brilliant speakers to entry level satellite systems. You can't compare Mission 34i/34i to JBL Cinema 300............no comparison!!!

You have to make a choice........fantastic tower speakers vs entry level 5.1 speakers. choice is yours. For music a 2 speaker pair is the best way to do it. The sound you hear will be more superior and complete compared to any entry level 5.1 system. A 5.1 system is more suitable for movies, so all depends on what your requirement is. Any good stereo speakers can also play movies effortlessly.

I would definitely go for Mission and then down the way add more speakers eventually making a complete 5.1 system.

THanks Aakash.

Im gonna audition them tomorrow morning and just pick them up. Just for my knowledge, how do you rate other floorstanding speakers of JBL, Infinity and Marantz ?

and Boston Acoustics

Infinity and Boston Acoustics both are good. Some of the other good ones you can also demo are Polk Audio Tsi, Wharfedale Diamond, Paradigm Monitor. It might be quite challenging to find something that you like but don't be in a rush, take you time and you will be able to decide on something you like.

Hey guys,
i finally got myself Denon 1312 with JBL Cinema 300........ phew it was hell of a task but after i plugged it on my top floor room. awesome is the word for the music...............

thanks to all of you for answering my all kind of questions...

the guy who came for installation says that i shud either buy Online UPS worth 16k or Voltage stabilizer of 1kva. what do u guys suggest ?

THanks again

ak47 can u give me the details for JBL dealer.

will this Denon 1312 come within my range ?

Thanks,
Anupum

Here are the details of the dealer:

Mr. Sandeep Jain
M/s. Trinity Sound & Vision
Contact No: 011 4506 4321 / 098106 10306

I had bought a few things from him and got a great deal. You can get the price quotes from him, he is an authorized dealer that I am sure. But, I don't know him very well, so cannot vouch for him. Use your own judgement while dealing with him.

Cheers

Don't know but the guy who came for installation told me to buy Online UPS (supposedly 16k) or V-Guard 1kva Voltage stabiliser (3k). What shud i do ?

Don't know but the guy who came for installation told me to buy Online UPS (supposedly 16k) or V-Guard 1kva Voltage stabiliser (3k). What shud i do ?

I have no idea. Currently I am using the avr without any stabilizer. Just with a surge protector.

I have an Inverter which is also an UPS that is connected to the power socket where the avr is plugged. So incase the power goes it should keep functioning. Though I dont know whether that would help.

I have no idea. Currently I am using the avr without any stabilizer. Just with a surge protector.

I have an Inverter which is also an UPS that is connected to the power socket where the avr is plugged. So incase the power goes it should keep functioning. Though I dont know whether that would help.

Surge Protector is not enough, please use a stab...........unless your stab is directly connected to the UPS with an in built stab, please confirm the same.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back