JBL home theatre help

anupum

HI people,
i am planning to buy JBL home theatre. I have two options
- JBL Cinema 300 with AVR 134 costing 39,990
JBL Cinema 300 with BDS costing 44,990

The basic advantage of BDS is that it has a built in blue ray player and i need not buy another player.

please advise if this is a good buy.

Regards,
Anupum

Hi, foll are the prices of the JBL HTiB's ex mumbai with bill & warranty

JBL Cinesystem
140BK - 23k
300 - 35k
500 - 43k

BDS300 - 40k
Cinestyle 9 - 40k
Studio 1 - 70k

Hi Denom,
Thanks for your reply. I stay in Delhi and the prices quoted by all the dealers here is 5k more than what you have quoted. They say that JBL recently revised its prices for all models.

Also, i wanted to know that details of cinestyle 9

Thanks,
Anupum

Whatever you select, please avoid AVR 134. This AVR is a basic one that does not support latest HD audio formats and audio over HDMI.

Hi baijuxavior,
thanks for your reply. I understand that AVR 134 is a very basic one. Can you suggest me some good AVR's. I have already stretched my budget, it was 25k and now it would be close to 40k . Considering that cinema 300 alone would cost 25k, is any good AVR available within 15k nd better than AVR 134 ?

This would be my first buy, so your advice would be very useful to me.

Anupum

, is any good AVR available within 15k nd better than AVR 134 ?

This would be my first buy, so your advice would be very useful to me.

Anupum

Yamaha 371 and Denon 1312 should be around 17k. Anytime better than the 134.

THanks everyone. so as per your advice i Should go with Yamaha 371 or Denon 1312. i just hope it has all the latest options and audio over HDMI.

Regards,
Anupum

Please dont take AVR 134 as it s a very basic one and it doesnt support HD.. You can even check Onkyo 3400 which is good for the price.. I havent personally checked it though.. Hope it helps..

Cheers
N

your reasons plz? Maybe if you provide some logic rather than making a blanket statement it would be more of help to the OP.

Cheers !

In receivers I would mainly look at Marantz, Denon and Onkyo. Depending on your content you can make the choice.

Music : Marantz (more warm)
Movies : Onkyo (more bright)
Movies + Music : Denon (good balance between both)

There is no hard and fast rule to adhere to the above, just a general perception. Since Marantz is more warmer and musicial, most prefer it if you also want to listen to lot of music. Doesn't mean it does not excel with movies.

I really can't say much about Yamaha, I would not put them up with these 3. Some of their hi end receivers are really good but for entry level better to stick with any of the above.

I really can't say much about Yamaha, I would not put them up with these 3. Some of their hi end receivers are really good but for entry level better to stick with any of the above.

You cant say much abt Yamaha- does that imply that you havent compared them side by side with the denons before you made that majestic announcement- "Denon over yamaha any day!!!" :)

Bro its a very misleading thing to make blanket statements like that unless you provide hard facts/have had a personal audition.

I am not saying this just because I have a Yamaha but also because its very unfair to new members like the OP who can easily get swayed by unfair generational like that and might regret later. No offense meant !

Cheers !

You cant say much abt Yamaha- does that imply that you havent compared them side by side with the denons before you made that majestic announcement- "Denon over yamaha any day!!!" :)

Bro its a very misleading thing to make blanket statements like that unless you provide hard facts/have had a personal audition.

I am not saying this just because I have a Yamaha but also because its very unfair to new members like the OP who can easily get swayed by unfair generational like that and might regret later. No offense meant !

Cheers !

I don't think anyone would regret buying a Denon over other names. However, I dont wanna get into specs...........but even though I do not own a yamaha, I have heard them with denon and marantz........but like I said sound is very perceptive.......each one to his own. To me Denon still rocks and I stand by it without having the need to contribute specs.

For more of music of course NAD would be the best choice. Next would be Marantz- a little laid back/warm sound. Next would be Denon- perfect for equal distribution of music and HT. Yamaha and Onkyo are best for movies. This is my perception. Maybe I might prefer a certain sound over others but others might think differently.

I respect and welcome everyone's views and thank you for your inputs.
Offence............none taken :)

guys,
finally im going to buy my first system tomorrow. though im still not very clear with the choice of receiver,i would try listening to them before buying one.

I had a final question for all your experts out there, as advised im gonna avoid AVR 134. But now the question is what receiver to be bought finally and also ensuring that my budget doesnt get shaken. 40 to 45k max is my budget in which u can assume 25k for JBL Cinema 200 and remaining cap of 20k for the AVR.

As per me i have the following options:-
- BDS 5
- Denon/ Yamaha AVR (depends on price and performance) as per my R&D it would surpass my budget
- AVR 134 without any option in place for me.

my major usage would be for music u can say 20:80 movie:music.

kindly advice.

Anupum

I would suggest Denon 1312 over Yamaha 371. Auditioned both around a month back, found Denon supremely better than Yamaha for both movies and music.

And where did you get the price quotes from? I know an authorized dealer in Delhi who would give you a better price for JBL.

Im gonna definately try this out. only observation is that it lacks usb port.

Even though I prefer Denon, if you want USB also have a look at onkyo TX-SR313, it has all the bells and whistles you need.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back