JBL Horn Magic

AKT

Hello FMs,

I am considering upgrading my speakers to horns. I listen to Blues, Soft Rock, and Bollywood. I am sensitive to bright, shouty systems. I prefer a smooth presentation. My driving amplifier is a 90w (8 ohms) accuphase integrated.

Do you think a larger horn (like L300) would be fit for my requirement? Would you suggest any close alternatives too?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

Abhishek

L300 or its studio version 4333 is a legendary speaker, if you get it , just take it and you can listen to Any music and enjoy it.

You will not need more than 20 W for it either,.

Pl go thru this thread:

Thank you @arj for your affirmation and @hydrovac for @krell build thread. I am aware that L300 and 4333 are great pairs.

Having never auditioned a horn (other than Klipsch Heresy driven by a Primaluna, which I found extremely fast but quite thin), my intent is to find out if horn speakers would meet my music preferences.

Your comments or other FM's invitation to audition (I follow all COVID protocols) will not only give me a general idea of the signature but also help me understand if there are really any viable alternatives beyond JBLs, considering it is so difficult to even audition one locally, let alone source a pair.

Regards.

Apart from JBL horns , Altecs are also great speaker and there are quite a few members in Bangalore who owns them.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back