Jbl & polk audio

sridhar-v

Has anybody tried the JBL ES80 towers?

How good are the crossovers in the Polk Audio TSi 500 speakers?

Are you going to use the Crossovers of Polk Audio in JBL Towers? :lol::lol:
I have heard the JBL ES90 and very good for Movie, If you love music look else where.

I did not know that both models were in the same price band.

Can't say about the JBLs. I had auditioned the Tsi 500, versus Kef and the Rti series. the TSi500 was annoyingly veiled; seemed to have big humps in the upper bass region and overall a complete disappointment against my personal requirement.

I guess they would make good party speakers though, but i would (And did) spend my money elsewhere!

cheers

Basically I am thinking of using the Polk as speakers for an active crossovers with 6 channel amps. I am planning to rip out the passive crossovers in the speaker. I have been thinking of retaining the high pass filter for the tweeter so that I can get by with a 4 channel amp.

Interesting Idea.
i was planning to do the same using multichannel input of my AVR. What passive XO will you use? My AVR has RCA in and the XO had TRS in and out. so i have not tried it yet

I am looking to use a Behringer active crossover. The main problem is I have not yet decided between buying a ready made speaker or making one myself.

Back