JIO FIBER / BROADBAND

Birendra

Does any member in this forum use Jio fiber/broadband. If YES can you give us the feedback how it is, how it will work etc etc

Does any member in this forum use Jio fiber/broadband. If YES can you give us the feedback how it is, how it will work etc etc
I think it is yet to be launched, still in testing phase, will be launched on 15 Aug in select cities

I think it is yet to be launched, still in testing phase, will be launched on 15 Aug in select cities
I guess he meant whether anyone here is using Jio Fiber test service. They launched trial services in select community.

Even I would like to know if anyone had any chance to test it.

I am using Jio Fibre based broadband since May. Speed is around 90 Mbps (both upload and download) and the experience has been good. Further I had outage of around 3 days due to Fibre cut which has since been resolved. I did not follow up aggressively due to the fact I have another connection from Airtel. Watched the FIFA world Cup via streaming and the quality was great with no buffering issues.

I am using Jio Fibre based broadband since May. Speed is around 90 Mbps (both upload and download) and the experience has been good. Further I had outage of around 3 days due to Fibre cut which has since been resolved. I did not follow up aggressively due to the fact I have another connection from Airtel. Watched the FIFA world Cup via streaming and the quality was great with no buffering issues.
Good to know that. Hope they can cope up with the demand after Official launch. Broadband bundled with set top box is a good combo.

Just to clarify they just install a wifi router cum modem which is only providing internet. The set top box and Land phone is yet to be introduced by them. Now the internet is free however a refundable security deposit amounting to Rs. 4500 is being charged by them.

Just to clarify they just install a wifi router cum modem which is only providing internet. The set top box and Land phone is yet to be introduced by them. Now the internet is free however a refundable security deposit amounting to Rs. 4500 is being charged by them.
Do you have any idea if they will launch outside Delhi also like Ghaziabad?

I guess he meant whether anyone here is using Jio Fiber test service. They launched trial services in select community.

Even I would like to know if anyone had any chance to test it.

Good to hear some positives. what they are also going to give along with the router is an android setup box for viewing TV channels as well as web-based series, also home automation is bundled. Let hope for the best

I have been using it here in Chennai from Jan '18 first week, so far no major outages other than few minutes of downtime on few occasions. I found their services awesome. I got calls from them enquiring if services are fine when I was out of home and no data utilised in a span of few days. Speeds have always been above 90mbps. I have been using 400-500 GB data on monthly basis (streaming Netflix/Prime/YouTube) on my 4k TV. It works perfectly fine. Double thumbs up!

And all this practically free! :)

I have been using it here in Chennai from Jan '18 first week, so far no major outages other than few minutes of downtime on few occasions. I found their services awesome. I got calls from them enquiring if services are fine when I was out of home and no data utilised in a span of few days. Speeds have always been above 90mbps. I have been using 400-500 GB data on monthly basis (streaming Netflix/Prime/YouTube) on my 4k TV. It works perfectly fine. Double thumbs up!

And all this practically free! :)

Woow... That must be great experience. Thanks for sharing. Would you care to do one test? In speed test dot net select server as Texas and run test and see the speed and more importantly latency. Just curious

Am paying about 5k for unlimited 100mbps up/down and am pretty sure it can go even faster but limited by provider. They have been using reliance fiber (not jio). Waiting for Jio so that price can be reduced.

Thanks, this helps. I also owe you the explanation. About a year back I was not allowed to give a certification exam from home since in their terms the ping has to be less than 180 ms against US server for their invigilator to be able to monitor me over webcam properly. Best I received on vidaphonwle was 280

I have been using the Jio Fibre network for three months. Its an incredible experience with around100 mbps of download and upload speed.
No downtime whatsoever.
Go for it....

very difficult to get hold of it. Even near their headquarters near Vashi folks have been struggling for 2 years to get it

I have been using the Jio Fibre network for three months. Its an incredible experience with around100 mbps of download and upload speed.
No downtime whatsoever.
Go for it....
Which modem you've been using INR 4500 or INR 2500? I got the modem that cost INR 2500( single band), However i find the wifi signal strength of my modem not good. If i move to next room, the signal strength dropping 50%. Its not the case with my previous Airtel modem. Hows yours ?

Which modem you've been using INR 4500 or INR 2500? I got the modem that cost INR 2500( single band), However i find the wifi signal strength of my modem not good. If i move to next room, the signal strength dropping 50%. Its not the case with my previous Airtel modem. Hows yours ?
Iam using the one for 4500/-

The strength is quite decent.
There are two options available. One is with signal 5.0 This has less range and higher speeds.
The other is the normal speed with more range.

Pls check with them again.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back