jitubisht's HT build thread...

Bloody phenomenal ........

Makes me think .... why not I implement the same at my place ... have lots of space on the first floor !

But, one thing stops me .... am not a movie freak. Shan't get the payback if I end up viewing only one movie in a month.

When may I come and plonk on those bean bags ?????????

Last edited:
Btw, can't see the roll of ply err... SVS sub? Is it behind the front left speaker?

Yup mate, its behind the FL speaker. I have to say, so far, the SVS is the star of the setup.

Amazing photography too Jitu :cheers:

Thanks. I am still not satisfied with these as they were clicked without tripod. These are all ISO 800 pics, hence there is a bit of noise in the pics.

just remove those centre cardboard boxes...
Thanks bro, thats the plan. The racks arent ready yet, once they are.. Will do so

With so much red you can call it the Devil's Lair.
You know what, I was thinking what to name the room.. Devil's Lair looks like the winner so far.. Thanks!

When may I come and plonk on those bean bags ?????????
Thanks bro.
I shall PM you my number, and we can decide on when :)

Jitubisht

I had overflowed the budget to a hair raising extent, otherwise i would have not achieved a good Mini Theatre. In view to this i always suggest that do not even think of making a dedicated entertainment room, till the budget is well in place, until then one should go with the basic of 5.1 and use a television as video source.

It is a smart idea that you will go with a need based approach for the acoustics but there will be some situations where you will realize that wish the particular acoustic and many other things you should have been handled during the making of your great movie room, of which you will realize sooner then later.

About the poor room planning which you ran into, i have also had this situation, but for most of them i was able to rectify though it costed me a bomb. I always say that which ever member is making a dedicated entertainment room should share his each and every view on the forum, so that one gets the detailed advice, by which so much of disaster could be avoided.

V.

Thanks Vinay for your detailed reply.

While I do understand that the wooden panelling and glasswool was 'the thing' to do, however it was simply out of my budget. For the room of my size it was costing 2 L and upwards and hence I had to drop the idea.

The Acoustics are not being ignored at the point. For that, I will go with a 'need-based' approach. To start with the carpet is doing all the work required. Based on the performance, I would identify a few months later how many panels need to be added.

AC unfortunately could not be done some where in the middle of the room because of poor room planning on my part.

The dimmer option is not done at this time, again due to cost cutting.

I think it is better to have a a/c in center of the room wall for sake of usual benefits and one will get lesser noise of the machine when we are watching movie in the rear, therefore i think installing the machine in rear may not be a good idea.

On the other hand for service point of view, most of the room areas is fine. If one has a good budget then cassette a/c is too great, nothing like it. It is also needless to say that it is always better to choose a/c's with lesser noise like Daikan, Hitachi etc for a entertainment room.

About the fire doors in home theatre's with good results, what are the benefits and door is made of which material?

My remote control manages all the audio/video equipments and the lights too with option of dimmer and importantly the lights going off in slow motion and i can set them to modes of 10 to 100%, to manage these lights i do not use the switches. This remote is expensive but it is a sure value for money.

V.

Jitubisht,

It seems you are no more having a ceiling fan in the room, nothing like it, a great move.

For all type of visible audio and video cables, including the projector & a/c cable, you can use binders and related, it will make your room look more classy.

I am sure you will soon replace the bean bags as this is spoiling the decor of your wonderful room and moreover to watch movies on these bags on regular basis can give back pain and the comfort level dropping.

The sitting height raiser is a good one. I too have raised the height and have created 2 steps like in a theatre, and i have used foot light and strips so that while moving around in the dark will be easy.

With the pictures, it will inspire many of them. I am impressed with the ceiling and room colouring scheme.

Many congratulations.

V.

You have very valid reason that stops you to make a movie room as you see only one movie a month.

I have a friend who had purchased a big house and had a spare room, he too wanted to make such a room, i had told him to keep away as he too was watching not more then 2 movies a month and moreover he refuses to go beyond a DVD, etc.

V.

Bloody phenomenal ........

Makes me think .... why not I implement the same at my place ... have lots of space on the first floor !

But, one thing stops me .... am not a movie freak. Shan't get the payback if I end up viewing only one movie in a month.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back