Join again after 6 yrs

goodsound

Hi all,
After 6 yrs of many ups and downs in life I joined again this group. In 2011 I started searching for home theater. But many things happen in my life in between. Anyway, now last month I bought a flat. And now again started searching a home theater. I know many things have changed now. I don't even remember what I searched then.

So now please suggest me a system (HTIB) or individual items for my home theater. My hall size is 12'-25'. But the viewing distance will be 8-10'. My budget will be approx:Rs-1 lakh. It'll be great if some expert suggest me some good option and trial in mumbai.

Thanks.

Hello goodsound,

Welcome back to the forum! Good to see you back into the hobby.
Hope that this time you will stay on the forum and share more of your experiences.

Regards.

After 6 yrs of many ups and downs in life I joined again this group.

Welcome and glad you are back to HFV..

My budget will be approx:Rs-1 lakh.

1 Lakh is avery good budget for set-up a HT system.. Skip the HTIB packages..

Here is what you can put together for 1 Lakh budget..

AVR - Denon x 1400 (49K), 5.1.2 - Dolby Atmos / Dts X capable AVR- https://www.hifimart.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Denon&description=true

Speakers - 5.0 - (25K or less using coupon code) - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmon...663708?hash=item41c927335c:g:gYsAAOSwWWxY-OcB

Subwoofer - Taga TSW 200 (23K) - https://www.hifimart.com/index.php?route=journal2/quickview&pid=423

You would now be able to complete AVR + 5.1 set-up for now.. When you have spare budget, you can then look for adding height speakers (Atmos / Dts X) for a great HT experience..Finally a 5.1.2 set-up..

Thanks for your reply. But I want to have a complete system with speakers. The problem is that as my "new" flat (resale) is under modification, so I have to decide everything from conciliated cabling, tv cum home theater cabinet. And that to within some budget and time. Please suggest some good speakers, preferably smaller in size, if rare speakers are wireless, then better. Can you please tell me where in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai I can go for experiencing the system?

Hello goodsound,

Welcome back to the forum! Good to see you back into the hobby.
Hope that this time you will stay on the forum and share more of your experiences.

Regards.

Thanks.

Thanks.

But I want to have a complete system with speakers.

The suggestion for AVR & speakers were towards to a full 5.1.2 set-up, excluding the height speakers.. When you can afford a small budget say 10K, add heights later..

so I have to decide everything from conciliated cabling, tv cum home theater cabinet. And that to within some budget and time.

You can conceal the speakers wires if you wish to and at common speaker placement leave the speaker wires exposed in the room until you fix the system..

Are you getting the false ceiling done (or) is it concrete ceiling ?..

Please suggest some good speakers, preferably smaller in size, if rare speakers are wireless, then better.

It would not be feasible to add wireless surrounds.. A full wireless surround system will be 5 (or) more times expensive than your budget..

if you have a limitation adding surround speaker with wires running around the room, then consider Pioneer AVR, VSX 832, though a 5.1 AVR, but with Dolby Atmos / Dts x Capability..Has the capability of either surrounds / heights..You can choose heights..

Can you please tell me where in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai I can go for experiencing the system?

Please wait for FM from mumbai to suggest you places for auditions..

The suggestion for AVR & speakers were towards to a full 5.1.2 set-up, excluding the height speakers.. When you can afford a small budget say 10K, add heights later..

You can conceal the speakers wires if you wish to and at common speaker placement leave the speaker wires exposed in the room until you fix the system..

Are you getting the false ceiling done (or) is it concrete ceiling ?..

It would not be feasible to add wireless surrounds.. A full wireless surround system will be 5 (or) more times expensive than your budget..

if you have a limitation adding surround speaker with wires running around the room, then consider Pioneer AVR, VSX 832, though a 5.1 AVR, but with Dolby Atmos / Dts x Capability..Has the capability of either surrounds / heights..You can choose heights..

Please wait for FM from mumbai to suggest you places for auditions..
I want to do it now. It is ok to increase the budget little if required to complete it now. False ceiling is there but need to repaint the room. So I have to remove the POP. That's why thinking to get the cable job done now itself. I want to avoid open cable around the room. So... Hope to get FM's response soon. Actually planing to visit this sat'd and sunday for audition. Can you or FM suggest best place to buy online or in shop and where at what price.

I want to do it now. It is ok to increase the budget little if required to complete it now. False ceiling is there but need to repaint the room. So I have to remove the POP. That's why thinking to get the cable job done now itself. I want to avoid open cable around the room. So... Hope to get FM's response soon.

Here are some in-ceiling speaker options..

Wharfedale inceiling speakers (16K) - https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/i...ale-pacific-c170-in-ceiling-speaker-pair.html

Taga Harmony in-ceiling speakers (15K) - https://www.jamsticks.com/collections/taga-harmony/products/taga-harmony-rb650

Actually planing to visit this sat'd and sunday for audition. Can you or FM suggest best place to buy online or in shop and where at what price.

Best would be to shop online & get your HT up & running..

Before you place order, please call up each & every seller on the link, double confirm the aval and then place the order..

I got an offer for Denon X1400H Rs-46000/- with Polk Audio Signature S15 book self speakers -68000/-. any idea or suggestion!! Planing for bookshelf speakers. But still not sure for floor standing front speakers. Pl suggest.

Denon X1500H at 67K??Is it worth over X1400H?

Denon X3400H @70k makes more sense.
What about Marantz NR1608?

I went for audition today. But now become more confused. People are telling Denon X1400h is discontinued now. X1500H is the new entry with 67K tag. Also suggested to go for Marantz NR1608 . As far as speakers are concerned the confusion are more horrible.o_O
What to do? Moreover the shops are having very less options as far as speakers are concerned. Any suggestion? Where to go for audition in mumbai / navi mumbai for better and more options on speakers. Overall budget is 1.2-1.25 lakh.

Denon X3400H @70k makes more sense.
This price is from where?

Denon X1500H+ Polk S30+S10+Cetr S30+SW10"+Rc 6Oi total after discount Rs-170000. Pl advise how will it be.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back