Journey into HiFi - Tumbling down the rabbit hole.

Yup have ordered a Taga TVS-4 which has a 2 amp input - 4 speaker output.
Idea is to connect the X4500h(Surround) and PM8006/Saptak speaker inputs, outputs would be the Focal Aria 926 / XTZ Spirit 11 / 1 Disconnected speaker cable to plug and play any of the bookshelfs as fronts.
Oh OK.
I was suggesting a toggle between X4500H and PM8006 preouts to the power amp.
This allows for both HT and 2-ch chains to share the power amp and main speakers.
Cheers,
Raghu

You are really going down the rabbit hole :) So many purchases, your chain has become really complex.

I see a curtain behind the wires. I would suggest a good cable manager to manage the wires, so in case of a spark/shortcircuit, there is no fire.

Oh OK.
I was suggesting a toggle between X4500H and PM8006 preouts to the power amp.
This allows for both HT and 2-ch chains to share the power amp and main speakers.
Cheers,
Raghu

Oh ok, currently i am changing the source on the PM8006 by connecting the X4500 Pre to the PM8006 CD input. This is working fine at the moment, but the PM8006 does roll off the treble a bit i guess (noted from the Audyssey measurement) , I guess i can lookout for something you suggested.

I see a curtain behind the wires. I would suggest a good cable manager to manage the wires, so in case of a spark/shortcircuit, there is no fire.

Yeah that is something I am worried about too, i will be getting the cable managers shortly and try to move the rack to the extreme corner and exchange position with the surround speakers.

You are really going down the rabbit hole :) So many purchases, your chain has become really complex.

Haha i know, somehow I dont like the AVR as a source for music hence the more complicated chain. Would eventually settle for a single pre with HT bypass probably. But for now , this is how it is :)

Hello FM’s

Decided to make a dedicated thread to detail my journey into HiFi which began in February with foray into converting my guest bedroom into a "part" dedicated HT room ("part" because I don’t have the approval yet to change décor or convert the dedicated bed into a convertible sofa :) ) .

Part 1 - Projector into Guest Bedroom

With this limitations set I went ahead and first obtained a Full HD Projector – Benq W1080ST from FM on this forum. The PQ is really amazing and the cinematic and gaming experience for sports games like FIFA is really out of the world. At the same time I was looking to have a dedicated HT setup in the room and moved my Polk TL1600 + RXV479 package from master bedroom into the Guest room which at that point still sounded amazing to me.

RHQLTIp.jpg

Part 2 - Entry into HiFi

Now I was exploring a stereo setup for my room, did few audition of Dali Oberon 1/Qacoustics C20/ Elac B6.2 and was impressed with the QAcoustics. While I was looking only for a stereo setup, thanks to FM @subhash I ended up picking up QAcoustics 3020i, Concept 20 & 3090i from him. This ended up replacing my entire TL1600 + VX479 setup in the guest room which I later sold on OLX. I also ended up purchasing Denon X2600h & Marantz PM6006 in quest of an atmos capable AVR & dedicated stereo setup. Slowly added the SVS SB2000 for the dedicated room.

1eLReir.jpg

ut43Wd6.jpg

Part 3 - Birds eye view of the rabbit hole

This change in plan meant my room was devoid of a stereo setup still and on the lookout for one, @Mayank Shah provided me a nice deal for a Dynaudio M20 + dedicated Tono Stands. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of these bookshelfs when they arrived and was even more pleased with their sound signature right out of the PM6006 as well. Sometime later I got enticed by a deal for a CA Azur 651a and Elac FS 57.2 to explore floorstanders.
I ended up putting the Elac FS 57.2 as fronts on top of a low rise TV stand ( no WAF & PAF for keeping it infront of the stand as in the picture) in the Living Room which till date housed a satellite based 5.1 setup (Phasetech Cinemicro & Onkyo TX-SR444). The floorstander experience overall presentation really impressed me and my parents too felt this would be better suited for bedroom as they did not want stands lying around. This opportunity led me to explore further on a nice final upgrade to the dedicated room setup for once and all.

XCmS9lQ.jpg

JxxSmTA.jpg

Continued in next post
Hi fLUX, WoW! Such a home theater setup(s). Btw, where did you buy that Media Rack on which you placed the AVR and Cambridge Audio Amp? I was looking for something on Amazon. But, in India, they are not available.

Hi fLUX, WoW! Such a home theater setup(s). Btw, where did you buy that Media Rack on which you placed the AVR and Cambridge Audio Amp? I was looking for something on Amazon. But, in India, they are not available.

Hi Selva,

Thanks. I purchased it just before COVID , its the Fitjueyes glass rack from Amazon. My suggestion would be to go for a custom made lower height rack made of wood as based on reading a few threads across forums having a glass rack sit in between the speakers is not really recommended.

Hi Selva,

Thanks. I purchased it just before COVID , its the Fitjueyes glass rack from Amazon. My suggestion would be to go for a custom made lower height rack made of wood as based on reading a few threads across forums having a glass rack sit in between the speakers is not really recommended.
you have a point fLUX. I have a used TV stand which had35 Kg Sony CRT on top of it. So, I think, you are right. Avoiding the cost on these things gives option to invest on components..

you have a point fLUX. I have a used TV stand which had35 Kg Sony CRT on top of it. So, I think, you are right. Avoiding the cost on these things gives option to invest on components..
Plan you immediate and future component needs. Then get a carpenter to build you a rack.
It will be custom made and not very expensive actually. Take a look here.

Cheers,
Raghu

Update
------------------

After numerous discussions with my family and seeing the gear crying for more attention and use , I decided to let go of my paralell setups as it was not benefiting anyone and would rather have someone else use it rather than sitting pretty in their designated areas & gathering dust. After this exercise where I got rid of most of my gear , this is as it stands

Living Room - Marshall Stanmore via bluetooth
Bedroom - KEF LSX on my work/game desk for background listening

All the proceeds for sale are being invested in the dedicated setup and this is where it stands now
- Dedicated HT Setup : AVR (Source Xbox One X and Apple TV 4K) -> Fronts ("Schiit Saga + -> Indiq Saptak -> Focal Aria 926 Fronts") , Surround ("Schiit Sys -> Crown XLS2502 ->XTZ Spirit 11") , Focal CC 900 Center and 4 Upfiring Atmos , Dual XTZ 12.17 Edge
- Dedicated Stereo Setup : Paradigm PW LInk (ARC Enabled) -> Denafrip Ares II -> Schiit Saga+ -> Indiq Saptak -> Focal Aria 926

The stereo setup is complete , for HT setup and room intend to do the below in future in no particular order
i) Upgrade atmos to ceiling speakers
ii) If get a buyer for XTZ Spirit 11, change to bookshelfs for rear speakers else keep it
iii) Get room treatment, but before that get some measuring gear from Minidsp
iv) Get a servo stabilizer & power conditioner
v) Replace the bed and put a sofa cum bed to achieve better seating positioning and also to get better surround setup. (Tall ask but have somehow convinced parents & wife that i cant risk guests sleeping in there with so many equipments :D )
vi) Upgrade projector to 4k once there is more 4k content and PS5 stabilizes their platform with 4k 120hz games

Any suggestions, inputs are welcome on the above pending items

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back