JRiver & the likesWhat's good for Mac?

bhuvkalra

Hello Guys!
Am looking to use my laptop (Macbook) as a dedicated source for music to feed to a DAC via usb and thereafter.
Majority of my music is CDs ripped in WAV format and some FLAC, most of which is from the www.
Although iTunes will play some music but it is obviously not the best.
Was trying to pick between JRiver and Audirvana (Plus) as both of them seem popular, with Jriver having a much larger user base I think. I know trial versions for both of them are available to try and find out for oneself but I am just looking to find an easy way here, hoping to hear from members who are well versed with either (or any other good options). Would appreciate information / advice from users, particularly wrt Mac.
Many thanks!

If you are playing in wasapi / kernel stream mode wherein you bypass windows mixer and do bit perfect playback, the differences between all these good players are minuscule. In comparison, the differences between different music systems and room acoustics is so vast. So try them out and pick the one you like. I liked foobar in wasapi mode in a fully active system while I preferred jplay in another system in a different room.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back