Just blown out my Jamo S606's tweeter - photos included

:D
before
salamqpr.jpg

after
bozukqpr.jpg

tiz1qpr.jpg

tiz2qpr.jpg

Seems like Jamo dropped his quality on it's last speakers...I was just listening some techno music a little louder and suddenly highs got down and realized one of tweeter's dome was a little out of it's normal position,,, when i push it a little sound turns back as its normal stage but if i give it a little volume, it goes out again....anyway it's going to service for replacement..but i never had any issues with my 10 year old jamo bx100 speakers despite using it at much higher loads...
btw this tweeter really looks cheap:mad:

Last edited:
Seriously, that's a crappy looking tweeter!

What Jamo speaker model is that? Is that the S606?

Man, call up Jamo and give them a piece of your mind. That's about as crappy and downright garbage cheap as it gets!

That's not even remotely similar to the tweeters on my C60 Series and C80 Series speakers.

I've cranked my Jamo's many times, for long periods of time. Never have I encountered any problems.

That's ridiculous! Jamo should be ashamed of themselves for that terrible tweeter!

What amazes me, is that the S606 goes for around $600.00 here in America. Which is just about the same price as the C607. And the C607's tweeter is awesome. That's a real nice tweeter.

This thing they have in the S606, is pure garbage.

I wonder if the North American S606 have the same tweeter. We've had this discussion before. Seems like the North American S606 has a different tweeter. I'm going to try and find out if there's any difference.

I doubt it, the s606 honestly just isnt worth the money. just looks good. I'd rather take a 2005 e770o over it anyday - dtt tweeter. my center and rears are e700's and e7 cen

Last edited:
%100 agree with all of you guys...really looks like a cheap car tweeter....I disabled working one too and now using external some nice sounding tweeters, that sound 10times nicer, better, crisper than jamo ones....I just wanted to warn folks about jamo and their crappy s606s.

img1277qpr.jpg

I would write Jamo a very stern e-mail and let them know just how disatisfied and unhappy I am with this garbage speaker and it's horrible tweeter. Include your pictures of this trashy tweeter.

And I would call them on the phone (their corporate office) and demand to speak to a upper level manager or CEO.

Let Jamo know that Jamo should be embarrassed to design and sell such a terrible, garbage speaker and use such pathetic tweeter. Let them know this type of garbage is unacceptable and that you will share your experience with the audio community.

It's up to us, to send them a strong message!!! It's up to us to let them know they won't get away with such nonsense.

If you don't mind, I would like to write them myself (with your pictures included) and express to them, that, as an owner of the C603, C607, C60 CEN (which I don't really use), C803, C807 and C809; I am very disappointed to see Jamo stooping to such low level quality, in any of their speakers. With your permission, of course.

I would write Jamo a very stern e-mail and let them know just how disatisfied and unhappy I am with this garbage speaker and it's horrible tweeter. Include your pictures of this trashy tweeter.

And I would call them on the phone (their corporate office) and demand to speak to a upper level manager or CEO.

Let Jamo know that Jamo should be embarrassed to design and sell such a terrible, garbage speaker and use such pathetic tweeter. Let them know this type of garbage is unacceptable and that you will share your experience with the audio community.

It's up to us, to send them a strong message!!! It's up to us to let them know they won't get away with such nonsense.

If you don't mind, I would like to write them myself (with your pictures included) and express to them, that, as an owner of the C603, C607, C60 CEN (which I don't really use), C803, C807 and C809; I am very disappointed to see Jamo stooping to such low level quality, in any of their speakers. With your permission, of course.
I've send (guess) you a private message...if you can write some nice letter for me, i can send it...thnks for help.

And their service even worst; They have step motherly treatment for Jamo customers who have got it from other (other than Cinebells) sellers. Please go ahead and thrash them and make them shameful for their act of selling crappy speakers and their step motherly service.
Please include URL of this thread in your mail.

Hi,

Am in for whatever support that's required by you from forum members on this !!

Although this is not new to me but perhaps with this thread it will show others who blindly go buy products on their brand name and not by the quality of products, but with this thread at least we can unite and bring some strength to this moment !!

I myself Am suffering from a bad quality product :mad: (thankfully its not speakers nor is it related to sound, I luckily have never in my life have bought speakers ) !!

So go ahead and write the mail,call them do all you can to make it heard :) !!

Regards.

I've send (guess) you a private message...if you can write some nice letter for me, i can send it...thnks for help.

I wrote the letter and sent it to you in your PM. Let me know if you like it.

I haven't contacted Jamo, yet. But I'd also like to send them a slightly different letter written from my perspective. And I'd like to use the pics you provided us, as the proof. Let me know if you approve.

I wrote the letter and sent it to you in your PM. Let me know if you like it.

I haven't contacted Jamo, yet. But I'd also like to send them a slightly different letter written from my perspective. And I'd like to use the pics you provided us, as the proof. Let me know if you approve.
I've just sent your very detailed letter....thnk you very much...Of course you can use my photos,,,any time...

Re: Just blown out my Jamo S606's tweeter - photos included

Seems like Jamo dropped his quality on it's last speakers...I was just listening some techno music a little louder and suddenly highs got down and realized one of tweeter's dome was a little out of it's normal position,,, when i push it a little sound turns back as its normal stage but if i give it a little volume, it goes out again....anyway it's going to service for replacement..but i never had any issues with my 10 year old jamo bx100 speakers despite using it at much higher loads...
btw this tweeter really looks cheap:mad:[/QUOTE]

The tweeter in the photo looks to be the cheapest I have seen, not even worth Rs 100/- . I do not know from where you have purchased. Somebody must have tampered the original one before the product reached you.

Regards.

Re: Just blown out my Jamo S606's tweeter - photos included

btw this tweeter really looks cheap:mad:

The tweeter in the photo looks to be the cheapest I have seen, not even worth Rs 100/- . I do not know from where you have purchased. Somebody must have tampered the original one before the product reached you.

Regards.[/QUOTE]
I've bought it from offical dealer, distributor of Jamo...So i dont think they can do smthng like that...I talked to tech guy over the phone, and he said he's never heard/seen any problem like that before with Jamos...strange...I've sent an email to jamo support with pictures...waiting for their response....I let you know....

Hi,

Its happening to a lot of other brands too. Pity really.....

Quad ESL2805 & 2905 released some pairs that had channel differences of 5dB in the matched pair. Can you imagine that?? That too from Quad on their reference product? Well - once things hit the shores of China, these things happen I presume. Quad would be 'kicked very hard' if that happened to their ESL-63 or 988 / 989 in the UK!

Very true Arup, In the US and UK the companies shiver by just hearing a complaint and keep things at bay and under control !!

But in our great country where anything goes is the attitude any and every company carry when they enter these things are common !!

As I mentioned earlier to me this is not at all a surprise and I've noticed such crappy acts from most of the companies in India irrespective of Audio !!

I myself Am preparing for a fierce legal action against Asus for what they've done to me !

That's the reason I want all of Us to stand up make it heard,else we will continue to pay and they'll keep milking Us of our hard earned money :mad: !!

Regards.

I am pretty sure you will get a reply that couches the whole thing in some comforting and meaningless drivel, that will neither address your complaint nor give you any redress. I have gone through similar pain when the local Jamo dealer (Promises) in Calcutta replaced my original woofer with one repaired from the local market. The sound quality was pathetic, and Cinebels or Jamo Denmark did nothing to redress my complaint even after multiple emails and phone calls.

I was later asked to pay Rs. 5000 for each woofer for a matched set of two, in a speaker that cost me 19K new and was no longer in production. I simply ripped them out, used Peerless drivers and changed out the crappy paper cone tweeters as well. A new crossover and a lot of decent damping later, the speaker sounded a lot better than when it was new, and the new owner is still enjoying them, almost 10 years on.

I swore I would never buy a Jamo product again, and this is an indication that their sub-par service and poor product quality are not just restricted to their bottom-of-the-barrel offerings.

Good Luck. Something tells me you're going to need it.
Almost two months ago, i've sent them an email, requesting some product information...they still didnt reply to me :D
i will never buy another Jamo in rest of my life...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back