Kamaleon 5 Universal Remote - Help needed

churfsan

Hi all,

Yesterday I had been to e-zone and x-cite in Hyderabad. Surprisingly, x-cite was having Kamaleon 5 One-of-all Remote for Rs. 2690/-, while the MRP is Rs. 4995/-. However Kamaleon 8 was not on discount, hence picked up the Kamaleon-5 for Rs. 2690/- - looked too good a deal.

I was actually interested in Logitech Harmony 525 because its Activity based approach was more powerful than simple MACROs, but it was very expensive here (Rs. 5500/-), and this KAMALEON 5 looked too good at that price (Rs. 2690/-).

I had no problem setting up my Samsung LCD TV and DVD player, just worked with the very first code itself.

However, I could not get the HATHWAY (Hyderabad) cable box (HUMAX ND-1000C) to work with this remote. I entered all available codes from the manual, but no luck so far. If anyone could get the HATHWAY cable box (HUMAX ND-1000C) working with ANY One-of-all Remote, kindly let me know the code to enter.

Another thing is that for Yamaha AV receiver, only one code is mentioned in the manual, and it did not work at all. I used a "SEARCH" method, and got it working basically - though not fully. I have Yamaha RX-V459 - any help here also would be very nice.

I know that we can program the remote in learning mode using the old remotes, but I would like to do that as a last resort only.

Please help

Churfsan

I know that we can program the remote in learning mode using the old remotes, but I would like to do that as a last resort only.

Why a last resort Churfsan? I have found that different codes come with different options on the universal remote i.e. play works on one button on one code and it works on another button in another code, but programing using the learning mode is very easy and also I can map any function I want to any key I want.

Why a last resort Churfsan? I have found that different codes come with different options on the universal remote i.e. play works on one button on one code and it works on another button in another code, but programing using the learning mode is very easy and also I can map any function I want to any key I want.

Hi Moser,

Are you using Hathway cable box? or Tata Sky / Dish TV? Did you have any trouble setting up the remote for the cable?

Thanks
Churfsan

Hi Moser,

Are you using Hathway cable box? or Tata Sky / Dish TV? Did you have any trouble setting up the remote for the cable?

Thanks
Churfsan

I am having both Dish TV and Tata Sky at home, but I use Tata Sky in my bedroom. Dish TV is used by my parents (mom loves TCM and other channels on Dish). My AllForOne works perfect with Tata Sky, but I have not checked with Dish till now. Basically the learning mode has been provided in case codes do not work and the searching mode too is not of help.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back