KEF C7 and Denon 1311/1611

sydney

Hi

Just auditioned the KEF C5 and C7 series with Denon 1311 and 1911 AV receivers at Profx Bangalore.

- C5 series around 27K (after discount) have two 5 1/2 inch drivers and 1 tweeter. There seems to be missing in low frequency. So no bass effect

- C7 series around 35K (after discount) have two 6 1/2 inch drivers and 1 tweeter. The bass effect is very good. Actually m very impressed with them.

Now for the AV receiver please can someone help me to decide between Denon 1311 (23K+ free denon headphones) and 1611 (29K+free HDMi cable). I have to decide by today evening so please reply immediately.

Thanks

You can check our some deals here?

I don't really know the difference between a Denon 1311, but it might be better paired with much better speakers like C7 according to you.

You can also try a Yamaha receiver sub 20k.

By the way, I would recommend trying out Wharfedale (bass) and Monitor Audio (everything other than bass) as well.

Actually want front ported speakers due to close porximity to a wall behind. KEF C7 are front ported most of the wharfedale are twin back ported

Checked with multiple dealers, no one seems to know the difference between 1311 and 1611 ! Someone please shed some light - I know of the minor differences like HDMI CEC and audio return , but it seems there is more to it

Don't go for either.

Get a Marantz NR1501 from shopyourworld.com. Will cost around 25-30k shipped all inc. or a Harman Kardon for about 20-25k from the same website.

Hi techboy

Thanks for the suggestion. I can also look at the NR1601 (Marantz) and the Pioneer (VSX-1020K) but please can you let me know of a good voltage converter (230-->110V). I currently have one but the transformer gives a HUM which I think is bad to the Rx.

Hi techboy

Thanks for the suggestion. I can also look at the NR1601 (Marantz) and the Pioneer (VSX-1020K) but please can you let me know of a good voltage converter (230-->110V). I currently have one but the transformer gives a HUM which I think is bad to the Rx.

You can get a maxine brand stepdown tranny or some other brand from SP Road. I have used one "Shah" branded for 1100 Rs and never had any issue.

Hi

Just auditioned the KEF C5 and C7 series with Denon 1311 and 1911 AV receivers at Profx Bangalore.

- C5 series around 27K (after discount) have two 5 1/2 inch drivers and 1 tweeter. There seems to be missing in low frequency. So no bass effect

- C7 series around 35K (after discount) have two 6 1/2 inch drivers and 1 tweeter. The bass effect is very good. Actually m very impressed with them.

Now for the AV receiver please can someone help me to decide between Denon 1311 (23K+ free denon headphones) and 1611 (29K+free HDMi cable). I have to decide by today evening so please reply immediately.

Thanks

I got a 1611 with Profx a few weeks back and it is awesome. Particularly the Audyssey settings on 1611. 1311 does not have audyssey. And I guess thats a huge difference. I have paired the amp with Wharfedale 9.5 diamond
Another thing is when you buy with ProFx they give you a HDMI cable from CHORD which retails at about Rs. 6000 otherwise. I think the 1611 deal is worth the money.

Does any1 know the price of NR1601 in India (Bangalore) and who is the dealer. I checked with ARN and Absolute phase and they both dont import it.

Also please let me know any dealer for pioneer

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back