Kef IQ-50/Wharfdale Diamond 10.7/ Energy CF-30

gnkapadia

Hi Guys..
Planning to buy a pair of Floor standing speakers and have checked out the Kef IQ-50/Wharfdale Diamond 10.7/ Energy CF-30. All are priced between 42-45K. Intend to pair them with a Denon 1910, which also I plan to buy. Use is 50-50 between Audio and Movies. Audio would be Retro English, like U2, Sting, Eagles, etc. Would be upgrading one by one with a Centre, Sub, and Surrounds. (May get the centre right away)

Please suggest which of the three(or other) you suggest. Also is there a better option then the Denon 1910 in a similar price range?
Thanks.

yes you can go for marantz
for the speakers i have audiotioned quite a lot
imho you shud go for the wharfs
i have heard the 10.5 in stereo mode ,stereo + sub and in a 5.1 setup with dipole
these have the best reproduction of sound with proper neutral mids and high highs the bass is a little faded but the sw made for it
it was quoted at 34k for a pair in delhi with an approx 10% discount...

where r ur quoted where did yu audition them
i am about to get a pair of 10.5 but at the price you have mentioned i will be tempted to go for 10.7s
they have 2 bass drivers 1 midrange and one tweeter where as the the 10.5 has 1 each with the centre channel splitting both mids and lows
so the clarity will be great in a 0.7 audiophile logic

kindly tell me the quote for 10.7 and the dealer and if u can give me his contact no i will be greatful....
pm me if u dont wanna share the name in the public domain

have heard the kefs energy and the warf 10.5's

the energys were stunning but i heard them with marantz amplification (4021 Stereo reciever)

the Kefs i heard with the Denon 10 channel AVR- they were superb as well

i would select the kefs or the energys

see if you can bargain a good deal with the denon and the kefs since they are from the same dealer.

the denon 23** would be better but in the price range of the denon 1910 well there arent many options are there.

Hi kapadia, I am also looking for Wharfies FS to pair with my Denon 2310 and I am torn between 9.6 and 10.7. What is the price quote you got for 10.7?

Sorry guys, somehow lost track of this thread and took me long to trace it...Since my last post I heard lots of brands n types of speakers and Receivers.
So far I have bought:
AV Receiver: Onkyo TX NR-708: chose it over the Denon 2311 because of its networking capacity.
Front Towers: Dali Ikon 6

Still looking to buy surrounds and a center to match the setup. Will invest in a Sub later as already have over-stretched the budget. I'm inclined to get a good satellite 5.0 Like the Mirage Nanosat Prestige or B&W M1. Would it make sense in doing that or is it better to stick to the same brand(Dali)?
Thanks for all the replies.

Hi gnkapadia,

Where did you buy the Dali's from & their price?

Got a new ex demo pair for USD 620+shipping and duties vide Borderlinx.com...Its still in transit to Borderlinz so dunno how much shiiping & duties will cost.
N e inputs abt the surrounds and center?

Matching surrounds and center for Dali Ikon6 and Onkyo TX NR-708

Guys, I need some input. I already have bought the Dali Ikon6 and Onkyo TX NR-708. Wondering if it would be better to buy the center and surround speakers of Dali itself?
What if I add a HT speaker system to it like the Definitive Technology ProCinema 600, or Kef KHT 3005SE or the Mirage Omnisat Prestige? If Dali surrounds and center is the way to go, which ones should I get?

Matching is important stick with the same. Maximum you can do is go for different brand surround speakers but i would recommend you keep all same if possible.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back