KEF Q150 from USA

Anshul_J

Hi guys, I am looking to get KEF Q150 speakers from the US, they are available on a huge discount. My uncle will bet travelling from US in January, will it be possible for him to bring them as check in baggage marked as fragile. Will he face any problems in customs, I believe items worth upto Rs. 45,000 are allowed duty free, any risk of damage.
Sorry for too many questions.
I am on a tight budget and don't want to miss on the deal.

I brought my klipsch bookshelf and center channel as check-in baggage a year ago. Try to pack well, preferably in the carton box it comes with. There was no damage to mine and packaging was intact when it arrived. Go ahead and grab the deal.

Hi guys, I am looking to get KEF Q150 speakers from the US, they are available on a huge discount. My uncle will bet travelling from US in January, will it be possible for him to bring them as check in baggage marked as fragile. Will he face any problems in customs, I believe items worth upto Rs. 45,000 are allowed duty free, any risk of damage.
I did get kef q100 from US couplw yrs back in check-in bags, wrapped in cloths, discarded cartons there itself. Pack well than relying on fragile tag.

While you're at it, do check out the Jamo S803 and Triangle BR03.. they're well worth the money and have good reviews. Ask your uncle to keep the original receipt of purchase, in case there is some issue with customs.

@raj: I was planning to get the speakers in their original packaging as it is, will it not work?

@ktks1: I did check out Monitor Audio bronze 2, wharfedale diamond 220, and some Polk along with the KEF q150, and immediately liked the kefs. I will check other speakers available locally if not able to get these from US.

The passenger should keep the bill copy to justify the value of the product hand carried or in check-in.

Generally they don't charge if the size is not huge. One of my friend carried a 15 inch Altec driver with enclosure, it's was charged for duties based on the declared value.

I have ordered these last month at $299 in USA. I have got only one of the speakers shipped to me as the person who was flying already had too much luggage. So yeah, it can be put in suitcase between clothes. Don't bother about the cartons, it will make the package more heavier. I have previously sourced Klipsch speakers as well in suitcase, no issues whatsoever.

Looks like i won't get the other speaker for some more time! :(

Hello Anshul,

I am not sure if you are referring to this same deal. There is a great deal where Q150 is running for 255$ (around 18k) with free shipping. This is the lowest I have ever seen. I am not sure if this is going to be around for too long. Better grab it fast. :) - https://www.newegg.com/kef-q150bl/p/N82E16886947021?Description=kef q150&cm_re=kef_q150-_-86-947-021-_-Product
It is already out of stock. Free shipping normally would be done within US I believe.

I have bought them through Amazon @$300, looking for cables as well, would any of these these be alright, strictly in this budget

Micca cables are very well made, you can certainly go for it.

Things are going to change soon unfortunately. The dumb government is deciding to change the rules . I don’t see how reducing the limits are going to make the government any significant amount of money on customs or boost local trade. They are even planning to reduce the liquor bottle to one instead of two.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back