Kef Speaker Owners

I am using KEF R3 for a while now - they sound very good. I have also heard the Kef LS50 and the LS50 metas. While they are smooth and sweet sounding speakers, R3 are definitely better overall. The soundstage, imaging is a step up. In short they sound like towers. The issue with the LS50 is that they sound like small speakers. If you are planning to use them in a small room only for stereo, LS50 metas will be good. If you are going to use them in medium to large room, R3 will be a better pick.
That’s helpful.Thanks !!
By medium what size are you talking about ?

Would the KEF Q350 be a significant upgrade over Wharfedale 220 ? I wanted to try out KEF for a long while but was wondering if the upgrade would be significant.

Would the KEF Q350 be a significant upgrade over Wharfedale 220 ? I wanted to try out KEF for a long while but was wondering if the upgrade would be significant.
I didn’t hear the Wharfdale 220 but I did audition Wharfdale 11.3 or 12.3, don’t recall the exact model. Personally for me Q150s were better. I would suggest an audition though. I haven’t spend much time with Q350.

Audition KEF speakers first, they are not warm like the Wharfs but they are detailed and have a lovely sparkle.

I did have 11.2 for sometime but the KEFs are still with me. The bass is tighter and precise comparatively.

It will be upto you and your ears what you like.

Audition KEF speakers first, they are not warm like the Wharfs but they are detailed and have a lovely sparkle.

I did have 11.2 for sometime but the KEFs are still with me. The bass is tighter and precise comparatively.

It will be upto you and your ears what you like.
Actually the 220 are not that warm with the down firing port. I used to find the Monitor Audios to be much warmer with a very tight bass. Was wondering if Q350 would add to mid range and soundstage width.

Just picked up the KEF q350 and CXA81 AMP , along with an SVS SB-1000 Pro sub. Was a pretty penny, brand new at current retail price, but every time I hear it, I forget the expense. It’s the best pairing I’ve ever heard or owned - huge, airy sound stage with width, depth and sparkle. I’m glad I didn’t spring 1.6k for the LS50 Metas as I was originally planning. I love the way the highs are rolled off on the q350s — wouldn’t want anything brighter..

Last edited:
Just picked up the KEF q350 and CXA81 AMP , along with an SVS SB-1000 Pro sub. Was a pretty penny, brand new at current retail price, but every time I hear it, I forget the expense. It’s the best pairing I’ve ever heard or owned - huge, airy sound stage with width, depth and sparkle. I’m glad I didn’t spring 1.6k for the LS50 Metas as I was originally planning. I love the way the highs are rolled off on the q350s — wouldn’t want anything brighter..
Congratulations. Do post some pics of the setup . What's the burn in time for the speakers?

MaSh

Congratulations! Thats a terrific combination! I run the same combo and it has good synergy. The DAC inside the CXA81 is also very good and sounds better than entry level DACS such as Topping E30/ Ifi Zen DAC so you're sorted on that front as well.

BTW, What is the Q350 going for these days?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back