Kenwood KT 3300

greenhorn

Finally got a nice analog tuner (my last purchase - also a kenwood was a bust as it had some issues, and needs to be serviced)

Bought it from a gentleman who wanted to sell it to someone who would appreciate it, and not to a broker. So was lucky that he didn't sell to anyone else.

When i got it, the FM stereo light wouldn't work. Was poking around to fix it and blew the main pass transistor in the power supply, and killed it. Was worried i had killed the FM decoder chip. thankfully it was just the power supply.

Had to go to ritchie to get a replacement 2SC1384. After that was replaced, it started working again, but still no FM stereo light. after doing a bit of research on the HA 1156 IC, tried cleaning the preset pot that sets the VCO at 19KHz. That did the trick & got a strong light

connected the 19khz calibration output to my stereo and measured the sound using an android app to set the correct frequency.

I have never had much luck with a tuner - their circuits always confused me. now at least I feel confident about FM stages

and some pics to go with the story :)
D6nztrk.jpg

4g6Clio.jpg

I'm getting FM, but no AM.
I was expecting more bands - my dad's old panasonic ampli deck had MW, SW1 &2. I used to listen to BBC and VOA on it when i was a kid. This one does just MW, and am not getting any signal - just interference

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back