Khiladi 786 kirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound...

gudu

Khiladi 786 kirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound...

The hookha bar song has got some kirr sound. Is it the music or defect in CD?

Please tell...

I did not hear any Krrrr kinda sound when i watched it on TV and Youtube :D

At what point in the song do you hear this "Krrrr" sound? Listen to the song from some other source like Youtube and check if you can hear the 'Krrrrrr' sound.

It could be problem with CD having micro scratches !!

But you never know...
As the song is sung by Himesh Reshamiya, it could be his limited edition nasal effect in the song...and you're lucky to have it! ;-)

Ah great. Thought I was the only one! I know what you're talking about. Its supposedly the sound of hookah being smoked. It doesn't sound irritating in my TV speakers (which are technically bookshelf type speakers as its a projection TV of yesteryear's) playing on tatasky HD channels. Neither does it sound bad with my cheap Philips headphones connected to the same TV or with my ipad (running256kbps iTunes mp3). But it did sound really really bad with kef Q700, Polk A7 and to some extent, aviano 6 too connected to marantz 6006 playin the song on a CD player.

Haven't played the cd through my Tv speakers yet but will do so soon. That should tell me if its the CD itself which is to blame or its just the way it was recorded which makes it sound bad on good speakers and better on bad speakers.

@technobhatt, its certainly not a scratched cd. I bought mine only a couple of weeks ago and only played this a 3-4 times so far.

Good catch. Heard it many times earlier but never noticed it.
But I can hear it now to any source connected with lappy / headphones. its ~14secs for every chorus.

Ahh

It sounds nice to me on TV and Car Stereo. But Flac's on my Marantz 6006 + Energy RC50 sounds irritating.

So i am assuming the sound recording is crappy. And thats what I guess Hifi is supposed to do. Bring all the Nuisances out. :sad:

Played the CD on ps3 with my tv speakers too. Sounded as annoying as it did with the marantz +kef/polk/avaino6. Then played the YouTube on the ps3 too. Same result.

My guess is that the music was originally recorded or was atleast meant for 5.1 channel and who ever converted/recorded it to 2.0, messed up somewhere. I think that sound was meant for rear surrounds. On a 5.1 setup, it won't be played as loud as the fronts and won't be as annoying. But for 2.0, instead of completely discarding that sound or atleast muting it down enough, they kept the volume level the same as rest of the audio which made this annoying sound stand out and destroy the whole experience especially on a cd. Not that the song was much great to begin with in the first place. It's a decent party number at best.

Could you guys point where the sound comes in the song? I just listened to the song on Youtube and it sounded ok. Are you guys referring to the the synth sound that starts at 1:00 minute mark into the song in this - Hookah Bar - Full Song with Lyrics - Khiladi 786 - YouTube
Yes.

Ah great. Thought I was the only one! I know what you're talking about. Its supposedly the sound of hookah being smoked. It doesn't sound irritating in my TV speakers (which are technically bookshelf type speakers as its a projection TV of yesteryear's) playing on tatasky HD channels. Neither does it sound bad with my cheap Philips headphones connected to the same TV or with my ipad (running256kbps iTunes mp3). But it did sound really really bad with kef Q700, Polk A7 and to some extent, aviano 6 too connected to marantz 6006 playin the song on a CD player.

Haven't played the cd through my Tv speakers yet but will do so soon. That should tell me if its the CD itself which is to blame or its just the way it was recorded which makes it sound bad on good speakers and better on bad speakers.

@technobhatt, its certainly not a scratched cd. I bought mine only a couple of weeks ago and only played this a 3-4 times so far.

You are right, its the sound of the hookah, that burning sound.....

The sound is not audible on normal TV speakers and not audible even on headphone via youtube.

Ahh

It sounds nice to me on TV and Car Stereo. But Flac's on my Marantz 6006 + Energy RC50 sounds irritating.

So i am assuming the sound recording is crappy. And thats what I guess Hifi is supposed to do. Bring all the Nuisances out. :sad:

Not nuisance, it hookah burning sound.... its not kirrrrr its sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr actually :)

Out of curiosity, I just now tried this song on YouTube. Pathetic song.... so much so that I did not have patience to even find out about the 'kirrrrrrrrrr' sound.

Where is the Indian music headed to ?

Out of curiosity, I just now tried this song on YouTube. Pathetic song.... so much so that I did not have patience to even find out about the 'kirrrrrrrrrr' sound.

Any idea why all Himesh Reshammiya songs have words repeating upto eternity??

For eg:

1. Tera pyar pyar pyar...
2. Ashiq banaya, Ashiq banaya, Ashiq banaya apne
3. Tera tera tera surur
4. Junoon, Junoon, Junoon....god knows how many times
5. samjho na, samjho na

Don't know how many more....guess he was a hard core vinyl head running a worn record & stylus...getting stuck to grooves and here comes his inspiration of music.

Very sad state of affairs for Indian music. It was a similar story in around 2002-2003. Then came some Pakistani classical-rock fusion bands like Jal, Reth, Fusion etc who had some good music and the whole Indian music industry were flooded with dozens of different versions of same songs, esp. of Jal like Aadat, lamhein, etc. However, some songs were composed in this era which were basically sufi-tone/ genre songs which sounded fresh & original, but now again, its all depleted.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back