• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Klipsch Heritage Series

Nikhil

Staff member
Thanks again @Shahrukh. Khar is close for me when I am in Mumbai.
Will make it a point to visit and have a listen ...

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

arj

beautiful !. Thanks for posting this. The only challenge with most of their speakers was their high frequencies used to run pretty hot...though not sure of they have changed it !

Last edited:

Nikhil

Staff member
Thanks for posting this. The only challenge with most of their speakers was their high frequencies used to run pretty hot...though not sure of they have changed it !
Arj,

Can you explain what you mean by this? Just curious.
Does it change the sound in terms of HF extension or the tweeters literally are hot to the touch?

Regards

Last edited:

liverpool_for_life

Does it change the sound in terms of HF extension or the tweeters literally are hot to the touch?
My guess is that the high frequencies won't measure flat in an anechoic chamber (should be a visible bump in that region), so the speakers end up being "bright" in that region.

arj

Arj,

Can you explain what you mean by this? Just curious.

Regards

I meant sonically ie their metal tractrix horns are quite bright and if you do not have the right amp, it will scream in your ear. I had to put a small tissue paper on the tweeter to tame it. it used to be in the 2khz region which gave sibilance with neutral or bright amps. thats why you usually see it pared with dark sounding amps.

Not sure how the heritage range has been tweaked since though.

square_wave

I meant sonically ie their metal tractrix horns are quite bright and if you do not have the right amp, it will scream in your ear. I had to put a small tissue paper on the tweeter to tame it. it used to be in the 2khz region which gave sibilance with neutral or bright amps. thats why you usually see it pared with dark sounding amps.

Not sure how the heritage range has been tweaked since though.
This was common problem with the mid to lower Klipsch models in the past. The tone also suffered due to this phenomenon. But these higher end models apparently do not have those problems according to reviewers. However if you are big into music that needs accurate tone as well as micro dynamics, then Klipsch won't be your first choice. But then such speakers wont do macro dynamics like Klipsch heritage. A middle ground would be big horns from blumenhofer, avant garde etc. There are compromises with every choice.

arj

This was common problem with the mid to lower Klipsch models in the past. The tone also suffered due to this phenomenon. But these higher end models apparently do not have those problems according to reviewers. However if you are big into music that needs accurate tone as well as micro dynamics, then Klipsch won't be your first choice. But then such speakers wont do macro dynamics like Klipsch heritage. A middle ground would be big horns from blumenhofer, avant garde etc. There are compromises with every choice.
hi Vinne, why would you say the microdynamics would be missing ? i would think if paired with a low powered SET it should have it all ie the heritage series.

square_wave

hi Vinne, why would you say the microdynamics would be missing ? i would think if paired with a low powered SET it should have it all ie the heritage series.
Yes. I have only heard the lower end models from the heritage so I may be wrong. What I meant by micro dynamics is the feeling you get with some speakers where the music is " lit " from inside as well. Usually such speakers are tonally beautiful and accurate. You enjoy classical, Jazz better on such speakers especially if you are sweet spot listener.

By and large, high sensitivity speakers have plentiful micro dynamics. But in some cases they are good with going loud but not very good with handling micro dynamics in such a way that it evokes emotion in the listener. This has got to do with accuracy and tone. I was never happy with accuracy and tone with lower end Klipsch models.

I will seek out the la scala and higher models and surely listen.

SPONSORED ADS
Last edited:
Reactions: arj
SPONSORED ADS