Klipsch Heritage Series

Nikhil

Staff member
Despite having a less than ideal experience at the Klipsch room at the recent Mumbai HiFi show, the Heritage Series still made an impression. The storied brand has been synonymous with high value gear that delivers concert level performance in your room. Leaving the hype aside there is an appeal in the old school horn approach that is a signature of the Heritage Series.

Link: https://www.klipsch.com/heritage-premium-audio

The Heritage Series starts with the Klipschorn followed by the La Scala then the Cornwall and the Forte and finally the Heresy speakers. The Klipschorn and La Scala are true horn loaded speakers with the others using conventional albeit large bass drivers. Say what you want but these are some of the better looking speakers one can expect to find anywhere. Beautiful wood veneers guarantee high WAF and high efficiency designs also mean one doesn't have to spend too much money on electronics. A well designed flea watt SET or even a quality integrated will happily drive these speakers beautifully.

I will leave you with some Klipsch eye candy to build onto what I consider a speaker line well worth taking a long hard look at.

Klipsch-Heritage-Premium-Audio-4.jpg

The Klipschorn AK6

AK6-Klipschorn-Enclose.jpg

The La Scala AL5

La-Scala-Lifestyle-A.jpg

The Cornwall III

Cornwall-Lifestyle-1_180108_170850.jpg

The Forte III

Klipsch-Heritage-Classic-Forte.jpg

The Heresy IV

Klipsch_HeresyIVstereowithmotorcycle.jpg

Last edited:
Despite having a less than ideal experience at the Klipsch room at the recent Mumbai HiFi show, the Heritage Series still made an impression. The storied brand has been synonymous with high value gear that delivers concert level performance in your room. Leaving the hype aside there is an appeal in the old school horn approach that is a signature of the Heritage Series.

Link: https://www.klipsch.com/heritage-premium-audio

The Heritage Series starts with the Klipschorn followed by the La Scala then the Cornwall and the Forte and finally the Heresy speakers. The Klipschorn and La Scala are true horn loaded speakers with the others using conventional albeit large bass drivers. Say what you want but these are some of the better looking speakers one can expect to find anywhere. Beautiful wood veneers guarantee high WAF and high efficiency designs also mean one doesn't have to spend too much money on electronics. A well designed flea watt SET or even a quality integrated will happily drive these speakers beautifully.

I will leave you with some Klipsch eye candy to build onto what I consider a speaker line well worth taking a long hard look at.

Klipsch-Heritage-Premium-Audio-4.jpg

The Klipschorn

HomeAudioSystem_AtlantaGA_0534e94984c066149c4b65a3294ef00f.png

The La Scala II

La-Scala-Lifestyle-A.jpg

The Cornwall III

Cornwall-Lifestyle-1_180108_170850.jpg

The Forte III

Klipsch-Heritage-Classic-Forte.jpg

The Heresy III

Hz706nuw_2048x.jpg

What Amp and source were they using? These guys will reveal any poorly setup system due to their sensitivity.

The amps used at the show were BAT separates. Not sure which model but something was just off
I could not get a good enough listen due to constant movement of people in the room.

But yes something like a nice integrated would be something I would use with these.

At the Bangalore Whathifi show last year they were running the Heritage series Forte III with the Prima Luna amp. This combination was really very nice sounding. The Forte III uses a 12 inch full range with a passive radiator at the back. Unfortunately the setup was in the same room with home theaters demos so it was tough to get a full experience of this.

At the Bangalore Whathifi show last year they were running the Heritage series Forte III with the Prima Luna amp. This combination was really very nice sounding. The Forte III uses a 12 inch full range with a passive radiator at the back. Unfortunately the setup was in the same room with home theaters demos so it was tough to get a full experience of this.
There was one senior citizen who placed an order for Roksan DAC that was in the chain. He requested a couple of female vocal Jazz tracks. I loved the way speakers whispered at low volumes in spite of the jarring HT setup in the room. The bass was gently touching the chest.

I had an opportunity to buy an used klipschorn speaker set at 1L 3years ago. But then there was another buyer creating a bidding situation for seller which pushed the price to 1.5. I finally dropped off the deal as there was element of transportation I had to take care for these heavy speakers (80kg each) from mumbai to AP.

What is the current price for the new klipschorns in india? Placement is an added benefit with these.

The Forte III carried a price tag of 5+ lacs at the show (in Bangalore). I am sure there would discounts available for negotiation.

My first ever experience with Hifi was with a Klipschhorn running on a flea powered SET tube around 20 years ago. The sheer grandeur, dynamism and and visceral emotions it evoked was the reason i got into hifi separate in the first place ! needless to say my first speaker was a Klipsch RF3..

Vitavox licensed it and put better transducers and made a even better speaker.

There is something so beautiful about these horn speakers. I have only heard the forte and heresy and that too under less than ideal conditions. Need to seek them out and listen!

Cinebels is one of the distributors for the Indian market.
http://www.cinebels.com/klipsch

They have several locations which are available on their website.
I would also like to contact them on where they would have Heritage series speakers on demo.

I went to Cinebels to listen to the Forte III. Heard it with the Prima Luna amp. It's quite an enjoyable speaker. I'd say "fun" if I had to describe it in a word. May not be the last word in refinement and may not tick every audiophile box, but who cares about all that when it sounds like it does. Moves air. :)

They were placed quite close to the wall in the Cinebels room (they have a long-ish room, so I guess they don't have much choice), but I'd love to hear these speakers pulled away from the walls.

Great speaker for rock.

Unfortunately, I just don't think it's worth the 5L tag they've put on it. At 50% the price, it would still be expensive , but I'd seriously consider it.

I went to Cinebels to listen to the Forte III. Heard it with the Prima Luna amp. It's quite an enjoyable speaker. I'd say "fun" if I had to describe it in a word. May not be the last word in refinement and may not tick every audiophile box, but who cares about all that when it sounds like it does. Moves air. :)

They were placed quite close to the wall in the Cinebels room (they have a long-ish room, so I guess they don't have much choice), but I'd love to hear these speakers pulled away from the walls.

Great speaker for rock.

Unfortunately, I just don't think it's worth the 5L tag they've put on it. At 50% the price, it would still be expensive , but I'd seriously consider it.
One problem with many of the klipsch speakers is the crossover between their horn and woofer. the transition is noticeable and also brings a harshness especially in female vocals. The La Scala and K-Horn are perhaps the ones which dont have it and are amazing speakers with the right amps- preferably SET

These speakers lead to polarisation which is quite religious like and almost like the political debates these days ;)

Last edited:
Thanks @Shahrukh! Which Cinebels location was this?
I would really like to listen to some of the other Heritage Series if they have them.

@Nikhil This was at the Khar (Mumbai) showroom. When I went, the Forte iii was the only one they had.

One problem with many of the klipsch speakers is the crossover between their horn and woofer. the transition is noticeable and also brings a harshness especially in female vocals. The La Scala and K-Horn are perhaps the ones which dont have it and are amazing speakers with the right amps- preferably SET

These speakers lead to polarisation which is quite religious like and almost like the political debates these days ;)

@arj What you say may be true. But, like I said, I was probably so into the way these guys were presenting music, I missed it. I found "critical listening" with the speaker quite difficult.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back