Klipsch Home Theatre- SUGGESTIONS REQUIRED

YRG1

Hello everyone! I am a new member on the forum and have recently purchased a Home theatre system for my living room. Specifications are as follows:-
Klipsch- A pair RP280F floor standing speakers
Klipsch- A RP440C centre speaker
Klipsch- A pair of RP 240s surround speakers
Klipsch- Two pairs of RP140SA upward firing dolby atmos speakers
Klipsch - A RP112SW Subwoofer
Yamaha RX-A2050 Receiver

My room size 22x25 Feet and the height is 12.5 Feet. The walls are bare with six windows and three doors. Flooring is marble and doesnt have carpeting. I know that the room needs a lot of work as far as the acoustics go but I have ran out of cash to spend for now and will do upgrades with the room over a period of time as far as the padding and all go. I have set up the speakers as suggested by the dolby website and other websites. Two floor speakers on the front and are 13 feet away from each other with two dolby atmos speakers placed on top of the floor standing speakers. The centre speaker is below the LED tv and the subwoofer on the side. The surround sound speakers are placed on side walls opposite each other at a height of 5.5-6 feet and a pair of dolby atmos speaker are placed on the rear wall also 13 feet apart.

I need help guys with regards to getting the best output while listening to music. Movies with dolby and dolby atmos sound quality are working very nicely with the sounds coming very nicely and filling up the room be it rain falling or doors closing with thuds and from every corner. However the problem is with music. Now I have absolutely no idea how to calibrate a music system so I would need your help guys. All suggestions are welcome. The music is not as it should be. I know I am drawing a parallel to a showroom like setting where the rooms are designed to give the best sounds but I am not a 100% satisfied with what is coming out of my speakers. I have used the mike that comes with the receiver to calibrate the distances and everything which ofcourse gave me a better performance with the movies but the music is not great. I also have some FLAC content which I generally play or I play purchased music from itunes nothing else so low quality of music being played is out of the question.

Please suggest
Thank you
Regards
YRG1

Please buy two thick rugs (need not be expensive) of 4x6 or 5x7 feet and place them two feet ahead of your front speakers. Put the AVR in stereo mode while playing music. You should hear remarkable difference with this simple tweak.

Please buy two thick rugs (need not be expensive) of 4x6 or 5x7 feet and place them two feet ahead of your front speakers. Put the AVR in stereo mode while playing music. You should hear remarkable difference with this simple tweak.

Thank you Ranjeetrain. I shall do that. Music I play in 2.1 only. I will try putting these rugs on soon.

Did you run YPAO setup? if not please do it. While the calibration is done through YPAO, make sure the room is closed and nobody should be present in the room. Keep the YPAO mic at sitting position from where you will watch/listen music.

Hello bpranay! Yes I have done the YPAO setup as you have suggested and I think it's because of the YPAO calibrations that the movies are coming out nicely. However the music is no where close to perfect. Do you think I can do some manual tweaking?

Did you run YPAO setup? if not please do it. While the calibration is done through YPAO, make sure the room is closed and nobody should be present in the room. Keep the YPAO mic at sitting position from where you will watch/listen music.

I have already done the system calibration using the YPAO setup. The movies as I mentioned are working nicely post the calibration. The music however I am not satisfied with. Do you think there is some manual tinkering I could do with the settings?

Those towers are no ordinary speakers. They are monsters with 8" woofers. I'd suggest you to use thick rugs and then run the speakers in direct mode without the subs coming into picture. Do not be shy of pumping up the volume, those speakers can go loud and the receiver is powerful.
Congratulations - that's one terrific setup

Thank you Ranjeetrain. I shall do that. Music I play in 2.1 only. I will try putting these rugs on soon.

2.1 is different from "Pure stereo". Try setting it for only two channel operation. Make sure to set the "Subwoofer" to "None" if it doesn't automatically do that. Your fronts should be set to "Large" if there is an option like that.

Those towers are no ordinary speakers. They are monsters with 8" woofers. I'd suggest you to use thick rugs and then run the speakers in direct mode without the subs coming into picture. Do not be shy of pumping up the volume, those speakers can go loud and the receiver is powerful.
Congratulations - that's one terrific setup

Yes. I am trying to arrange the rugs though my wife is not too happy with keeping the rugs infront of the speakers like this as she says they will look odd. I kind of agree but I am still trying to figure something out. Thank you sir. I shall post pics soon.

I audition the Klipsch RP 260 a couple of weeks agoand thought they sounded excellent...Nice choice
Thank you Gunnar. I was previously considering RP250 but then I decided for the 280. They are powerful. Two speakers are enough to fill the room up.

2.1 is different from "Pure stereo". Try setting it for only two channel operation. Make sure to set the "Subwoofer" to "None" if it doesn't automatically do that. Your fronts should be set to "Large" if there is an option like that.
Absolutely I understand about 2.0 stereo setup and have tried that. Let me look up if theres an option of setting up the fronts to large. I will have to look it in the receiver setup somewhere.

Thank you everyone. I shall post pics soon.
Regards
YRG1

The first pic is of the front speakers along with the subwoofer and the centre speaker and the upward firing dolby atmos speakers kept above the front speakers. The cabinet below the tv houses a WD media player, an apple tv, a ps3, a ps4 and a tata sky plus hd. The second one is the side surround speaker. The third one is the rear dobly atmos speakers.
There are a few wires lying on top but all the wiring is internal. Please give inputs guys.

Thanks
Regards
YRG1

Attachments

• 20160308095442.jpg
    20160308095442.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20160308095447.jpg
    20160308095447.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20160308095449.jpg
    20160308095449.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 43
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back