Klipsch R-820F v/s Focal Chorus 726 - Tower Speakers

u.sandeep

Hi All,

I have a Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Receiver. Im planning to get a pair of Tower speakers. I have auditioned the Klipsch R-820F and the Focal Chorus 726.

I loved the Clarity and the detailing of the Klipsch Tower Speaker's, while on the Focal i loved the Base and the thump provided by the set of Towers. I'm really confused which one to go for as both of these fall in the same price range in India.
Please provide your valuable inputs.

Also do let me know if my Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Receiver will be able to get the best out of either of these two Tower Speakers.

Also do let me know if my Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Receiver will be able to get the best out of either of these two Tower Speakers.

The avr may drive them but for sure not to the best. Checked klipsch power rating online and its rated at 150watts Rms with a peak of 600 watts. Thats a lot of juice. You definitely need to upgrade your avr. If you are in a 5.1 set up may be you can try Bi-amp. But still IMO you need a lot of power for getting the best with these speakers

Last edited:
Also do let me know if my Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Receiver will be able to get the best out of either of these two Tower Speakers.Thanks :)

Klipsch, in India, distinguishes itself as the most expensive brand to own.. I assume these towers must cost abt 1 Lac +.. For the same money, you may ditch the towers and consider dual (identical) subs (not necessarily the expensive ones) and settle for a pair of least expensive bookshelf to make a better 2.2 system..

When lions share of low freq (<= 80Hz) is taken care by any brand of dual subs (which would provide you with ample bass feel in the room), any small bookshelf can easily reproduce the remaining range of frequencies..

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have a Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Receiver. Im planning to get a pair of Tower speakers. I have auditioned the Klipsch R-820F and the Focal Chorus 726.

I loved the Clarity and the detailing of the Klipsch Tower Speaker's, while on the Focal i loved the Base and the thump provided by the set of Towers. I'm really confused which one to go for as both of these fall in the same price range in India.
Please provide your valuable inputs.

Audition more brands, if possible with your own receiver.
Klipsch is good for AVRs that are low power. Their higher sensitivity rating helps is bringing the room alive.
That said they can be fatiguing.
Focals again are very good all rounders. Can easily double up as a good 2-ch setup for music too.
Since you are in Bangalore, hit the stores and check out more brands.
PSB, Monitor Audio, KEF, Dali, ELAC, etc

Also state what is going to be the primary application; movies or music or a healthy mix of both.
And room/listening space dimensions.
Cheers,
Raghu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back