Klipsch RP250F or Jamo C95?

insane79

Hi guys,
I m upgrading my Jamo s606 speakers & now shortlisted the Klipsch RP250F & the Jamo C95, I heard the Klipsch RP250 & 260 side by side & don't feel there is much difference in sound, the RP260 will be too big for my bedroom so shortlisted the Jamo C95 which sound a bit mellow & low? the RP250 sounds amazing, any other speakers i should check out before finalising on one of these? @elangoas & efernand1 hope you guys are seeing this post :D

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I m upgrading my Jamo s606 speakers & now shortlisted the Klipsch RP250F & the Jamo C95, I heard the Klipsch RP250 & 260 side by side & don't feel there is much difference in sound, the RP260 will be too big for my bedroom so shortlisted the Jamo C95 which sound a bit mellow & low? the RP250 sounds amazing, any other speakers i should check out before finalising on one of these? @elangoas & efernand1 hope you guys are seeing this post :D

Cheers.

I think you already have a Taga sub Sw 10 v2.. Is this for HT (or) separate set-up ?

I think you already have a Taga sub Sw 10 v2.. Is this for HT (or) separate set-up ?

its for HT, If i go for the Klipsch RP250/260 then the center will be RP250C & surrounds basic R14s, also whats the max discount these guys give at cinebels?

Cheers.

its for HT

When you have a sub, you can skip the FS.. Anything below 100/80 hz will be handled by sub..

If i go for the Klipsch RP250/260 then the center will be RP250C & surrounds basic R14s,

Not sure how much your budget is, but Klipsch RP 160M was around 60K (a year back).. RP 440c also was around 55K..Now after GST, it would have gone a lil bit up..

IMO for the total cost of Klipsch RP 250 & RP450c, you can have a wonderful 5.0 system..

Planning for 5.1.2 ? What is your room size ?

also whats the max discount these guys give at cinebels?

10% :eek:hyeah:

When you have a sub, you can skip the FS.. Anything below 100/80 hz will be handled by sub..

Not sure how much your budget is, but Klipsch RP 160M was around 60K (a year back).. RP 440c also was around 55K..Now after GST, it would have gone a lil bit up..

IMO for the total cost of Klipsch RP 250 & RP450c, you can have a wonderful 5.0 system..

Planning for 5.1.2 ? What is your room size ?

10% :eek:hyeah:

I like floor standers i guess its cause of their appearance, my budget is 2L for 5.0 speakers, The RP440C is Rs 58,800/- Mrp.

you suggest any other alternatives in my budget?

Thanks.

The RP440C is Rs 58,800/- Mrp.

I had the Klipsch RP 160M from US for 27K & RP 440c from Netherlands for abt 28K.. It is a great center channel, but not worth 58K in India..

So you decide if it is worth spending 101% more for a product in India..

I like floor standers i guess its cause of their appearance,

Understand.. But look at something that wall mount options

my budget is 2L for 5.0 speakers, you suggest any other alternatives in my budget?

You could consider adding a 2nd (identical) sub if your room accommodates.. In the front corner should be fine..

You should consider a 3-way center channel speaker and then choose the fronts & surround

Some models for your consideration..

- TAGA Harmony PLATINUM C-40PR SE - PLATINUM SE - Special Edition

- Airmotiv C1 - https://emotiva.com/product/airmotiv-c1/

An other suggestion is to have 5 identical speakers..In that case Taga Harmony Platinum LCR 60.. These are very shallow and have a 10cm depth and can be mounted on wall...Abt 17K per piece.. I have them as my surround left & right in my set-up now..

I had the Klipsch RP 160M from US for 27K & RP 440c from Netherlands for abt 28K.. It is a great center channel, but not worth 58K in India..

So you decide if it is worth spending 101% more for a product in India..

Understand.. But look at something that wall mount options

You could consider adding a 2nd (identical) sub if your room accommodates.. In the front corner should be fine..

You should consider a 3-way center channel speaker and then choose the fronts & surround

Some models for your consideration..

- TAGA Harmony PLATINUM C-40PR SE - PLATINUM SE - Special Edition

- Airmotiv C1 - https://emotiva.com/product/airmotiv-c1/

An other suggestion is to have 5 identical speakers..In that case Taga Harmony Platinum LCR 60.. These are very shallow and have a 10cm depth and can be mounted on wall...Abt 17K per piece.. I have them as my surround left & right in my set-up now..
Yes i agree, Klipsch are priced high here but there is no way i can get the RP250/260 down from abroad :indifferent14: regarding the RP440c you got from abroad, did you carry it with you or bought it online? also how does it compare to your new taga center speaker you got?

Cheers..

Yes i agree, Klipsch are priced high here but there is no way i can get the RP250/260 down from abroad :indifferent14: regarding the RP440c you got from abroad, did you carry it with you or bought it online?

I had my friend buy it from a local electronics store there & carry it as part of baggage..

also how does it compare to your new taga center speaker you got?

Klipsch RP440c is designed for horizontal use, Taga LCR 60 is designed for horizontal/vertical use.. Both have 5 driver arrangement..

I was using the Klipsch RP440c in horizontal position below my TV table and i used the Taga LCR 60 as center channel behind AT screen vertically only as testing purpose.. Though not an ideal comparison, both sounded very nice..i liked the Taga in vertical position..

I had my friend buy it from a local electronics store there & carry it as part of baggage..

Klipsch RP440c is designed for horizontal use, Taga LCR 60 is designed for horizontal/vertical use.. Both have 5 driver arrangement..

I was using the Klipsch RP440c in horizontal position below my TV table and i used the Taga LCR 60 as center channel behind AT screen vertically only as testing purpose.. Though not an ideal comparison, both sounded very nice..i liked the Taga in vertical position..

hmmn interesting, howmuch you got the taga for?

15.7K per piece from ebay.in

how are the Dali zensor 7 compare to the klipsch rp250? have yu heard the zensor7 FS? Planning to audition them tom. Changing by mind about klipsch as you are saying they are over priced in india.

Cheers.

how are the Dali zensor 7 compare to the klipsch rp250? have yu heard the zensor7 FS? Planning to audition them tom. Changing by mind about klipsch as you are saying they are over priced in india.

Cheers.

Never had the oppty to listen to Dali Zensor 7..

the RP260 will be too big for my bedroom

If the Klipsch RP260 is big for your room, so should the Zensor 7..

Any reason for your inclination towards FS ?

Never had the oppty to listen to Dali Zensor 7..

If the Klipsch RP260 is big for your room, so should the Zensor 7..

Any reason for your inclination towards FS ?

I rechecked my place & its fine to have the RP260 in my bedroom, just have to do small adjustments, are Dali also over priced in India? howmuch discount should i expect for the dali if i buy from the dealer/distributor? 15-20% or more? Any series from Dali you recommend for movies? my usage is 50/50 for music & movies & also prefer floorstanders as i have the space & love the look of them, my budget is around 1.5lacs for 5.0 setup.

Cheers.

I rechecked my place & its fine to have the RP260 in my bedroom, just have to do small adjustments, are Dali also over priced in India? howmuch discount should i expect for the dali if i buy from the dealer/distributor? 15-20% or more? Any series from Dali you recommend for movies? my usage is 50/50 for music & movies & also prefer floorstanders as i have the space & love the look of them, my budget is around 1.5lacs for 5.0 setup. Cheers.

Dali are priced lesser than Klipsch..Zensor series 5.0 should fit in your budget..

Also check for Opticon series..

Dali are priced lesser than Klipsch..Zensor series 5.0 should fit in your budget..

Also check for Opticon series..

yeah i was checking the zensor series but then realised the Opticon series is better made & also made in denmark in dali factory. The thing is i recently upgraded to the denon avrx2300, the opticon series is rated 4ohms dunno if the avrx2300 can't handle that low impedance, also incase i go for the opticon for fronts & mix the surrounds with zensor which is 6 ohms, it might create an issue with the avrx2300?

Cheers.

yeah i was checking the zensor series but then realised the Opticon series is better made & also made in denmark in dali factory. The thing is i recently upgraded to the denon avrx2300, the opticon series is rated 4ohms dunno if the avrx2300 can't handle that low impedance, also incase i go for the opticon for fronts & mix the surrounds with zensor which is 6 ohms, it might create an issue with the avrx2300? Cheers.

Most AVR are rated at 4 ohms, so they should be able to handle them comfortably..

You can consider all 5/7 speakers of Opticon series, since you have budget..

Most AVR are rated at 4 ohms, so they should be able to handle them comfortably..

You can consider all 5/7 speakers of Opticon series, since you have budget..

if i got for 5.0 opticon series its coming to around 2.2lacs mrp.
opticon 5 fronts
opticon vokal center
opticon 1 for surrounds

So way over my budget, the dealer i spoke to in Den also told me zensor series is not really the dali sound, should i believe that?

Cheers.

if i got for 5.0 opticon series its coming to around 2.2lacs mrp.
opticon 5 fronts
opticon vokal center
opticon 1 for surrounds

So way over my budget, the dealer i spoke to in Den also told me zensor series is not really the dali sound, should i believe that?

Cheers.

Since you enquired for higher series, they are playing down the Zensor series [emoji1]

Anyways, try to demo both with same dealer and then pick according to budget..

Hi,

@elangoas what you think about the B&W speakers? i m thinking of going the bookshelf route & planning to audition the B&W 685 s2, HTM62 s2 for center.

The prices quoted by dealer distributor(audiovisionindia) are
685 s2- 69k
HTM62 s2- 49k

They are not offering discount so i guess i have to find a dealer in mumbai, hope someone in the forum can guide me to one.

Cheers..

Hi,

@elangoas what you think about the B&W speakers? i m thinking of going the bookshelf route & planning to audition the B&W 685 s2, HTM62 s2 for center.

The prices quoted by dealer distributor(audiovisionindia) are
685 s2- 69k
HTM62 s2- 49k

They are not offering discount so i guess i have to find a dealer in mumbai, hope someone in the forum can guide me to one. Cheers..

If you are likely to pickup B&W, it may eat into your budget.. What abt surrounds?

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back