Kodi on Shield Pro after Android 11

For me, so far having two issues. Unable to move files from internal storage to external drive (using X-plore as file explorer), the process keep on getting failed.

Second, live streaming Jio, Hotstar and playing movies via pendrive works with Kodi. But I've setup gdrive access to play movies from shared folders, before upgrade it flawlessly streamed those files. But post upgrade, all it takes for Kodi is a maximum of 15 seconds to freeze up. Next thing, I have to force close and reopen again.
Do factory resetting and relaunch the shield.download alll apps once again

For me nothing seems to be working fine.
The video quality on streaming app is very bad. Maybe some issue with the wifi connection. (Using oled) compared with oleds proprietary app night and day difference.
Streaming music thru apple music app the audio it does not play seamlessly the audio disappears.
Kodi stuttering once u play the remux files over and over
Anyone facing these kinda issues?

For me nothing seems to be working fine.
The video quality on streaming app is very bad. Maybe some issue with the wifi connection. (Using oled) compared with oleds proprietary app night and day difference.
Streaming music thru apple music app the audio it does not play seamlessly the audio disappears.
Kodi stuttering once u play the remux files over and over
Anyone facing these kinda issues?
After latest upgrade?

Ya the android 11 one.
Have they issued an update patch i am not aware of?
Not sure. I still haven’t upgraded to 11 and started facing the stuttering issue in kodi. Some remux files work smooth when I rewind or forward but most of the files get stuck when I forward or rewind and I need to stop and start again.

Not sure. I still haven’t upgraded to 11 and started facing the stuttering issue in kodi. Some remux files work smooth when I rewind or forward but most of the files get stuck when I forward or rewind and I need to stop and start again.
Even i had same problem.but now it's sorted out.
Try cleaning cache uninstall and reinstall kodi ,

Post update was not smooth for me either, random app freezes, apps not playing audio at times. I remember seeing multiple Youtube apps shown in the recent apps. Nothing much specific to Kodi though. I connect my HDD as removable, maybe that makes some difference.

Even i had same problem.but now it's sorted out.
Try cleaning cache uninstall and reinstall kod
How do you clear the caches in kodi? Before RE-installation I want to give this a try. I remember seeing it in the older versions of kodi but now I can’t seem to find it. When I googled all suggested adons which also didn’t work for me. As of now kodi is working smooth for 7 out of 10 movies. The remaining 3 gets stuck when I rewind and I have to stop and start the movie again. Able to forward it so worst case I can continue to use kodi for movies even in this conditions

Just noticed PCM is decoded as Dolby DD+ by shield. This is from YouTube but I also checked a local file which was in PCM but now it is decoded as Dolby DD+

Attachments

• BE9CA9A3-1A60-42B5-9C07-57DB3D7651ED.jpeg
    BE9CA9A3-1A60-42B5-9C07-57DB3D7651ED.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 21
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back