Kodi Video STUTTERS if I don't move the mouse !! Help please...

Naveenbnc

Hello all,

Kodi Video stutters in my Windows10PC. If I move the mouse, it plays fine. Otherwise, it hangs every now and then.

This problem came up recently. Can anyone help me with a solution please...

Thanks a lot in advance...
Naveen

Could be a power options issue. Your windows/display/hdd may be set to sleep/hibernate after x minutes of inactivity. Make sure all power saving options are disabled. Check all settings underControl Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings

Ok...Il check those settings... Actually it starts stuttering within one minute if the mouse doesn't move.

Windows Media player or Vlc etc plays without any issue.

Sleep, hibernate and other timings are all set for more than 30min basically.

Last edited:
This may be an issue with Kodi then. Check Kodi settings. I'm not very familiar or comfortable with Kodi. I use MPC-HC, VLC & potplayer. @elangoas can help

first turn off your screensaver and then make sure in power options your monitor never goes to standby, finally in kodi video setting there should be one setting that says like use window / use full screen window, try turning that on-off. Let me know if its resolved.

first turn off your screensaver and then make sure in power options your monitor never goes to standby, finally in kodi video setting there should be one setting that says like use window / use full screen window, try turning that on-off. Let me know if its resolved.
Thanks a lot for the hint !!! My issue is resolved. Window mode is causing the problem !!!! Looks like Full screen mode is working fine :D:D I have to check if it working fine with my PJ also.

I was pretty disappointed with this issue since Kodi gave a lot more better audio for movies compared to both Vlc and Windows Media player. The reason could be that Kodi is bitstreaming audio.

Enjoy your setup, for future experiment, if you ever go to a 7.1 setup in future and you have 5.1 source files, i have seen that Kodi does better job as converting to 7.1 than AVR and as such using AVR to decode audio and send 7.1 lpcm ( opposite of bitstream) is a better option

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back