Kralk speakers from uk - custom made to order

Yes. That’s why they are so affordable. Their design is unique. They have a concentric array of small drivers which acts like a single driver from approx 400 hz and upwards. It’s a patented design

Tekton has or will have one or two models which will be sold through dealers

Rikhav, AFAIK, it’s only the model I had and the model above it which they sell through a few of their dealers. The DI and the SET, they sell directly

I never said they were small. You want bass, you’ll need big speakers. You can’t cheat physics :)

I like big...Big screen phones, big plate meals...even though Iam tiny :D

So my speakers can be big too. Iam sold on these prem. I just have to conclude my last experiment with triamping, the pmc, and if it fails. Iam off to the tektons.

My daughter thinks I've annexed most of her room with the pmc's. Will wait till she sees the tektons :D

Keep it simple newlash09. Why would you want to do passive tri amp? One simple Parasound integrated with the Tekton should do the job nicely. If you want to tri amp then go get PMC or ATC actives and be done with

Keep it simple newlash09. Why would you want to do passive tri amp? One simple Parasound integrated with the Tekton should do the job nicely. If you want to tri amp then go get PMC or ATC actives and be done with

Hi prem :)

I did consider selling everything and going with actibe atc scm 40's. But after having heard a few systems around. Felt the possibility to tune the sound will be very limited. So decided to add tubes for mid range and treble and SS for bass. It is more of an experiment. And Iam not even sure I posses the necessary knowledge to even see it through. I will be removing the passive crossovers completely .And all drivers will be directly driven by my power amps.. And since my problem is with the recessed mid range of the pmc, I will run peq in roon, to bump it up to compensate for the design. So interesting times ahead I must say. Iam not sure if it will be a positive result in the end. But having invested in this project...I'd like to see it through, even if it fails for my own learning

@newlash09 For the phenomenal potential of the Alpine, you should go fully 4-way active.

Thanks a lot kannan for your advise :)

But I really dont have room for subs. So will try to optimise it for 3 way operation and see. But I will see if I can borrow some subs from my friends and give it a try just for kicks . Thanks again :)

Hi prem :)

I did consider selling everything and going with actibe atc scm 40's. But after having heard a few systems around. Felt the possibility to tune the sound will be very limited. So decided to add tubes for mid range and treble and SS for bass. It is more of an experiment. And Iam not even sure I posses the necessary knowledge to even see it through. I will be removing the passive crossovers completely .And all drivers will be directly driven by my power amps.. And since my problem is with the recessed mid range of the pmc, I will run peq in roon, to bump it up to compensate for the design. So interesting times ahead I must say. Iam not sure if it will be a positive result in the end. But having invested in this project...I'd like to see it through, even if it fails for my own learning
Hi Did you eventually buy the Tekton DI.
I had the Pendragons for 3 years and sold it recently. I also have the M Lore from Tekton Design. One thing I found in back to back unfair comparison (David vs Goliath) is the M lore's are more detailed in highs and mids. They will need a sub however to match the bass missing as compared with the Pendragons . However in Pendragons the detail sometimes gets missing as the Bass /low end reproduction kind off subdues/over shadows the details. Thats not good actually .
Also one thing to note in fact is the Tweeter array produce the mids . The 10 inch woofers are eminence PA drivers and do the low end.
I have just ordered the Tekton Lore @ $1000 to solve the issue of detail . Lets see.
Thanks,

Hi Did you eventually buy the Tekton DI.
I had the Pendragons for 3 years and sold it recently. I also have the M Lore from Tekton Design. One thing I found in back to back unfair comparison (David vs Goliath) is the M lore's are more detailed in highs and mids. They will need a sub however to match the bass missing as compared with the Pendragons . However in Pendragons the detail sometimes gets missing as the Bass /low end reproduction kind off subdues/over shadows the details. Thats not good actually .
Also one thing to note in fact is the Tweeter array produce the mids . The 10 inch woofers are eminence PA drivers and do the low end.
I have just ordered the Tekton Lore @ $1000 to solve the issue of detail . Lets see.
Thanks,

Hi naj :)

Thanks for sharing the above. I ultimately didn't spring for the tekton speakers. And instead embarked on a DIY speaker project , with a very kind , benevolent and knowledgeable forum member. Iam really excited with this project ;)
( And may be I should add, that iam very grateful to prem for showing me this unknown possibility till then )

And another thing that transpired in the interim is the addition of some tube amps to my present PMC speakers. Finally got them sounding lovely.

Next step will be to go for biamping. I already have the necessary kit at hand. But just too lazy to give it a try so far.

Hi naj :)

Thanks for sharing the above. I ultimately didn't spring for the tekton speakers. And instead embarked on a DIY speaker project , with a very kind , benevolent and knowledgeable forum member. Iam really excited with this project ;)
( And may be I should add, that iam very grateful to prem for showing me this unknown possibility till then )

And another thing that transpired in the interim is the addition of some tube amps to my present PMC speakers. Finally got them sounding lovely.

Next step will be to go for biamping. I already have the necessary kit at hand. But just too lazy to give it a try so far.
Thanks for the update . Its quite nice to actually do a DIY project. Best of luck indeed

I get at times in that mood to do the same. But am hesitant . Also considering the costs, DIY projects turn up to be quite expensive at least in the US . Do not know the costs in India to make the cabinets etc . As wood working power tools would cost something unless cabinets are made by a wood worker
When I started to do one such ,added costs for the build .For EG : When we check the price of items the Lore uses, its $ 400 for the drivers alone, another $50 -paint + hardware + Damping . Cabinets would be almost $75 . Cross overs another $50. Shipping these heavy boxes another $75. Assembly and testing in terms of man hours /labor would be another $70 comes up to almost $720. And on top that with 30 days free return +warranty made more sense to buy finished.

Hope I can undertake a DIY build some day . I can wood work well and can do good fitting but am not so good in electronics.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back