Laptop as 3D HD player?

I will also add for the sake of information, that any 2D movie can be converted to 3D SBS format and it does not need to have a high bitrate. 5mbps will give a decent quality 2D rip converted to 3D SBS format. Which one can enjoy via any player on a 3D Tv that can play 3D SBS ....

The solution I have found for my TV (espectially those which does not support mkvs through flash drive), thanks to satan, is using PS3 media server.
I have installed latest version of the software on my laptop connected wirelessly to a ADSL modem/router which is wired to the TV.
The TV lists the media server automatically and content is available for browsing. For content that the TV cannot play directly, PS3 media server makes it available in required format on the fly.

Only issue I have found with PS3 media server as of now is fastforwarding at highest speed. If I do it at highest speed, the server gives up (there are exceptions in its debug log) and the playback/fast forwarding stops after forwarding certain amount of frames and TV returns to the browse files menu.
Otherwise all videos are being played flawlessly. With ARC audio is passed over to AVR.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back