laptop to Home theater via HDMI cable no sound

ttarasu

Hi good evening,
Recently I connected my Laptop to a HOME THEATER using a HDMI cable already connected the cable to the two devices (laptop & home theater), but i don't receive any sound and screen in TV(initially was able to see the screen) The Default settings is set with AVR.Playing WAV from windows player.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1479661617.432650.jpg

Laptop-HP pavilion Entertainment Pc(windows 8) rest nothing I knew regarding sound cards.
AVR-Denon x3100 with Dali spks
Bluray player-Sony BDP-s590(which reads all audio which I have)
The problem is when I connect bluray player am forced to ON my TV to select a folder,hope with laptop this will vanish.

Future plan- Going for schiit DAC multibit/modi uber2
Interest-90% music
Hope our forum Gurus will guide from scratch.
NB-After introduced to this forum I changed my HTIB to separates and daily learning with you all.Thanks for all am enjoying.

TT

Let me tell you how I have connected my HP laptop to my TV

1. Laptop HDMI to Receiver HDMI in (DVD slot)
2. HDMI out ARC slot of receiver to TV

Laptop settings

Multiple display - Single display - digital display marantz

which displays only on TV and not on Laptop screen.

One of the few ways to connect.

Off the TV and the music will still play.

I also tried connecting my laptop to the hometheater as a pilot to build a HTPC. My laptop only has a Display Port. So I got a Display Port to HDMI converter. The situation now is that when the HDMI port is connected to the TV, everything works fine, however, when the same HDMI is connected to my Marantz, its not recognized. I have tried swapping the cables, HDMI input ports on receiver, etc. but no luck.

Anyone facing this or knows what is missing either in laptop or Marantz 1504? I hope a GPU card on a desktop does not have this issue as this has become a risk to the HTPC project.

MaSh

Have you checked if the AVR DVD input is set to digital? In some AVRs you can toggle between analog and digital modes on the same input.

I have face the same problem when I connect my laptop to AVR. I can watch video but no audio from AVR, so invistigate and found that sound card driver needs to upgrade which will have HDMI digital out option and activate the same for digital audio from Laptop HDMI port.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back