Large Illuminated Anti-Vandal Switch Interest Check

baswamin

Hello all,

I would like to know if FM's are interested in procuring illuminated anti-vandal switch for power amplifiers they are building. I know there are quite a few projects that have been completed and this switch is a nice finishing touch. I am also building couple of amplifiers and would like to get these switches for them.

Now Bulgin makes these switches and cost quite a bit (Rs. 1100/- per peice at element14). Over at diyaudio, they ran a GB for a source from China (link provided below).

Illuminated switches

Quality of these switches are supposed to be on par with Bulgin switches. The minimum order is for 20 pieces. The price that was quoted in earlier GB (at diyaudio) was 9$ per piece for 20 pieces. I would like to know if FM's here would be interested so that we can order 20 pieces. I am interested in 3 pieces myself.

Thanks
Balaji

Thanks a lot for this link. I did not know this website, looks new.

Mention not,they are new to the scene,I wanted to post earlier but there was an issue with them here in HFV and the thread was deleted and some people got banned and whole bunch of stuff happened,So was thinking whether to or not post,but when I saw you guys where ready to spend more I thought to post and stop you from spending more !!

Also one of the Bangalore members has ordered it and is going to use it in his upcoming project,so seems legit !!

Well why bother with imports and all the hassles + pay twice as much ?? why not order it cheaply over here..........

Illuminated Switch

Seems to be like a logical option,perhaps you can take a look.

Nice switches indeed.

Mention not,they are new to the scene,I wanted to post earlier but there was an issue with them here in HFV and the thread was deleted and some people got banned and whole bunch of stuff happened,So was thinking whether to or not post,but when I saw you guys where ready to spend more I thought to post and stop you from spending more !!

Also one of the Bangalore members has ordered it and is going to use it in his upcoming project,so seems legit !!

Soundcraft, Are you from Bangalore? :p

I would expect Audiocraft guys should join the forum & introduce themselves
rather than having FM's doing marketing for them. Provided they follow the forum rules strictly.

Last edited:
Soundcraft, Are you from Bangalore?

No Am not !!

I would expect Audiocraft guys should join the forum & introduce themselves
rather than having FM's doing marketing for them. Provided they follow the forum rules strictly.

This is specific reason for me to think before posting anything here !! I don't have any connection or affiliation or anything remotest with them,Take it from me !!

ALL I DID WAS TRY TO HELP FELLOW MEMBERS SAVE SOME HARD EARNED MONEY,WHICH OTHERWISE WOULD'VE GONE............

Am not sure as to why & what is the reason for treating them the way you guys are treating,but I humbly suggest everyone take it a bit easy !

Not all the links posted here in this forum are from the point of advertising and one need not be in cahoots with company to post the link !! We do that to help,if thats a crime here,then I perhaps should chose to keep away like most of the oldies have.................

The OP posted himself a link and another member subsequently posted one more link,Are they advertising on the behalf of the products in contained in that link ??? Kapvin posted the link of Sherbourn products,Is he a marketing front of Sherbourn ??

Am really saddened by the way you just assume things !!

I would like to know if FM's are interested in procuring illuminated anti-vandal switch for power amplifiers they are building.

I would like to know if FM's here would be interested so that we can order 20 pieces. I am interested in 3 pieces myself.
This thread came in the nick of the time. Though I wanted one for the F5 I'm building, didn't want to go through the hassles of importing and hence bought a simple rocker switch from Richie street. But this looks so cool, I'm having second thoughts on buying this.
Over at diyaudio, they ran a GB for a source from China (link provided below).

Illuminated switches
What is the power rating of these switches?

Edit: They appear to be of 5 amp rating. Would they be sufficient to power on the PassDIY F5?

Well why bother with imports and all the hassles + pay twice as much ?? why not order it cheaply over here..........

Illuminated Switch

All the switches available there seem to be of 4 amps rating. I wrote to them if they sell 10 - 15 amp switches; waiting for reply.

Last edited:
Captain,

I could not myself resist it since it looks very cool. I already have a regular switch but my amplifier soft start circuit needs a momentary on switch and hence the regular switch is not ideal (even though we can make it work). Anyway, if you are connecting this switch to soft start circuit, then high rating is not needed I guess. This is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:
if you are connecting this switch to soft start circuit, then high rating is not needed I guess. This is my understanding, correct me if I am wrong.

Just spoke to Mr. Aminder, the man behind Audiocrafts. You are absolutely right, this needs to be used to power on a high powered load to be actuated through a relay. He has also offered a ready made soft start circuit with built in relay, thermal protection and even a trafo to make the whole thing work.

No Am not !!

Ok, but i don't know why have you put your location as Bangalore in your profile.:p

So you have changed it now to "Middle of somewhere"............. very predictable, It "sounds" great :D

Last edited:
FM Raghunath have used similar looking switch in his B1 cab.I don't know cost though http://www.hifivision.com/diy/21036-pass-b1-144.html

Regards,
Sachin

Right Sachin,

These switches were available (four color illumination choice) in Hyderabad for ?.350 each. I have used a white one on my B1 cabinet.

IMG_4634 by hydrovac, on Flickr

IMG_4629 by hydrovac, on Flickr

IMG_4633 by hydrovac, on Flickr

IMG_4642 by hydrovac, on Flickr

IMG_4630 by hydrovac, on Flickr

Hope this will be helpful to our FMs.

Regards
Krishna

Right Sachin,

These switches were available (four color illumination choice) in Hyderabad for ?.350 each. I have used a white one on my B1 cabinet.
Hope this will be helpful to our FMs.

Regards
Krishna

These switches look great !
Where in Hyderabad can one get them ? is there some manufacturer there or some importer ?

I would love them on my F5 Build !

@hydrovac What do the shopkeepers call this?

I am sure I would be able to find it in Bangalore also, if only I knew what to ask for !!

So you have changed it now to "Middle of somewhere"............. very predictable, It "sounds" great

Well Yes I did change,As my location should not be a cause of concern for anyone,So its better this way !

Predictable ?? what is their to predict ?? If I had to hide something I would've done it from the day one don't you think ??

Your quoted "sounds" and unquoted "great" supposed to mean something ? Cause I fail see any reason for writing that way !! If you are trying to link me to someone or trying put me in someone else's shoes then Am sorry to say I wouldn't fit in and you are on a wild goose chase !

Last edited:
No Am not !!

This is specific reason for me to think before posting anything here !! I don't have any connection or affiliation or anything remotest with them,Take it from me !!

ALL I DID WAS TRY TO HELP FELLOW MEMBERS SAVE SOME HARD EARNED MONEY,WHICH OTHERWISE WOULD'VE GONE............

Am not sure as to why & what is the reason for treating them the way you guys are treating,but I humbly suggest everyone take it a bit easy !

Not all the links posted here in this forum are from the point of advertising and one need not be in cahoots with company to post the link !! We do that to help,if thats a crime here,then I perhaps should chose to keep away like most of the oldies have.................

The OP posted himself a link and another member subsequently posted one more link,Are they advertising on the behalf of the products in contained in that link ??? Kapvin posted the link of Sherbourn products,Is he a marketing front of Sherbourn ??

Am really saddened by the way you just assume things !!

Oh, my secret is out.

Yes. I have a deal with them. 10 people from HFV buy and I get a system of my choice free of cost.

.. Not.

I think the issue is that the owners are not joining the forum, but you, and only you, are promoting them. Being their fan is just fine, and so is promoting them, based on your experience, but when taking all other points together, questions get to be asked.

Also your response.. To misquote Hamlet...

"Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much"

I think the issue is that the owners are not joining the forum, but you, and only you, are promoting them.

Ohh dear God !! Are you too accusing me of ............ ?? This is the first time I posted their link ! So where did the above come from ??

I think the issue is that the owners are not joining the forum,

How Am I responsible for the owners not joining or joining here ?? Why should it be of anyone's concern for that matter ?? Is there a rule that I don't know which says it so ??

Also your response.. To misquote Hamlet...

"Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much"

To rebut your quote

"Silent means guilty"

So if I Am silent Am guilty ! If I protest Am guilty ! Basically being a member here and trying is itself is the biggest mistake I think ,As they say "Cause and Effect"

Cause : I registered here and try to help

Effect : Ergo Am being subjected to...........

Say what you or anyone want,This is my last post in this thread and no matter what happens I will post in this thread again !

Ohh dear God !! Are you too accusing me of ............ ?? This is the first time I posted their link ! So where did the above come from ??

How Am I responsible for the owners not joining or joining here ?? Why should it be of anyone's concern for that matter ?? Is there a rule that I don't know which says it so ??

To rebut your quote

"Silent means guilty"

So if I Am silent Am guilty ! If I protest Am guilty ! Basically being a member here and trying is itself is the biggest mistake I think ,As they say "Cause and Effect"

Cause : I registered here and try to help

Effect : Ergo Am being subjected to...........

Say what you or anyone want,This is my last post in this thread and no matter what happens I will post in this thread again !

wasn't trying to accuse you. sorry if it came out that way. was only telling you how cause and effect can possibly work. but now reading what I typed in a hurry, i can see that it could be interpreted differently.

many helpful people often come across as biased or agenda led to others, at least initially. persevere, and ye shall be understood.

again, sorry if I hurt you. peace!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back