Last CDs You Bought

Taare zameen par OST

Jodha akbar OST

aashiqui 2 OST

agneepath OST

sadly none come in jewel cases :(

Thad E Ginathom said:
I just ordered:

Stephen Stills, Manassas (have old, noisy but playable LP)

and

Stephen Stills, Just Roll Tape (new to me)

And they arrived. There's a very good reason that I'm not rich: I just don't think about money! Sheesh, I paid about 1700 each for these imported CDs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I have the Manassas LP. The reproduction of the cover pic on the CD is so poor that I'd suspect it's a fake, except I can find not other evidence at all to suggest that. Just... they don't make 'em like they used to!

For Mumbai-ites, there is more bad news on the CD front - Landmark store at Infiniti Mall in Andheri W has stopped selling audio CDs (been more than a month now).

So the only remaining places in Mumbai that I know where one may buy audio CDs are:
1) Rhythm House at Kala Ghoda - the place rocks, as ever. Their vinyl collection is sometimes pleasantly surprising. And they have great jazz and blues collections (on CD) and a really great collection of western classical CDs.
2) Satyam Collection near Eros Cinema in Churchgate - they're more interested in selling greeting cards.
3) Planet M in Hiranandani Complex in Powai - refresh rate is rather low. Also, they've stopped stocking vinyl, but they have some really classy western classical titles, especially from Harmonia Mundi.

I happened to visit Planet M in Hiranandani Complex in Powai in 2001 with my friends, it was a great place. I have many fond memories. Bought couple of concert DVDs by Metallica. I wish we had such beautiful hang outs in Kolkata. Now they are closing one by one.
Actually I think its not the piracy which actually killed CD business, but the online stores. Piracy was rampant even in late 90s, the CD shops thrived. Any format VHS, cassette, CD, BD has encountered piracy and survived, its not the piracy which kills (ofcourse it hurts) but the market and technological evolution.

Bought three sacd from Amazon.de
Brothers in arm 20 th anniversary edition
All is one Allan Taylor
Every breath you take the classics

DU7SaJ8.jpg

got it after a real long chase form FK :yahoo:
track 6, 8 & 9 can use to test quality of a setup.

Update: track printed in cd cover is funny but the the Cd text is super funny, seems like someone tagged under the effect of babajee ki booti :D
gracenote, freedb, mb refuse to recognize the cd :lol:

Br99mgU.gif

Actual track should be ( correct spelling for the actual meaning)
Code:
01 Bristite Cheyeche Mon
02 Mon
03 Bhalo Achi Bhalo Theko
04 Ratri
05 Moti Ke Gourange
06 Kalankini Radha
07 Shathotar Gati Badlay
08 Gharer Chabi
09 Deho Jami
10 Netai

Last edited:
Was just causally browsing at Symphony today after work, and ended up buying the following:

1. Howrah Bridge/ 12'O Clock
2.Dil De ke Dekho/ China Town
3.Awara / Shree 420.
4. Nil Nirjone
5. Rupam Islam & Friends
6. Filmfare 50 years of award winning music - 90s
7.Filmfare 50 years of award winning music - 80s

Album #5, 6 and 7 was bought for 99 bucks only. :D

Same problem in Bangalore:sad:. Landmark stopped stocking cds. All Reliance Timeout stores closed a few months back. Planet m also closed/closing down. I thing Calypso in Jayanagar is the only store open as of now but not sure.

Same problem in Bangalore:sad:. Landmark stopped stocking cds. All Reliance Timeout stores closed a few months back. Planet m also closed/closing down. I thing Calypso in Jayanagar is the only store open as of now but not sure.

Landmark (Bangalore stores) never had good collection, whether its book or cd.
planetM transformed into mobile shop long back.
Missing timeout like anything :( they have given 60% off when closing.
temptation M (Marathalli) has some decent stuffs.

nowadays we are left only with online option.

Landmark (Bangalore stores) never had good collection, whether its book or cd.
planetM transformed into mobile shop long back.
Missing timeout like anything :( they have given 60% off when closing.
temptation M (Marathalli) has some decent stuffs.

nowadays we are left only with online option.

When landmark first opened they had an amazing collection...my first visit I picked up something like 20-30 hardrock/metal cds. Timeout is definitely missed too. I visited Temptations Marathahalli for the first time a around month back & they had absolutely nothing(I live 5 mins drive from there)...mebbe they're good for regional stuff. Calypso's too far to checkout. Regarding online...Flipkart is just not worth it...their cd imports are all over Rs.800

When landmark first opened they had an amazing collection...my first visit I picked up something like 20-30 hardrock/metal cds. Timeout is definitely missed too. I visited Temptations Marathahalli for the first time a around month back & they had absolutely nothing(I live 5 mins drive from there)...mebbe they're good for regional stuff. Calypso's too far to checkout. Regarding online...Flipkart is just not worth it...their cd imports are all over Rs.800
landmark is referred form recent few years only, else when i was in hyd it was amazing source of my cd's.
Temptation M i never been personally just heard form colleagues.
FK is unreliable too they cancelled my order recently after 1 week of wait :(
and gave me 50/- in wallet :mad:

Recently, I bought Bob Dylans Original Mono Recordings (Limited Edition) - a set of 8 albums (9 CD set) for Rs.2589/- (30% off from tag price & works out approx Rs.290/- a piece) - & Hearts Strange Euphoria (3 CD + 1 DVD box set) for Rs.999/- (50% off tag price)!!! Box sets, at such prices, are going to be a tough find in coming days!

Bought CDs of Rangeela and Oh Laila album by Stereo Nation (Taz) online from Rhythm house. Already have a copy of Rangeela and somebody else have my first Oh Laila album CD.

Funny thing is that on the surface of the CD, it says 'Not for sale'. Paid Rs.100 each for it. Being 'Not for sale' CDs, they don't sound bad. I wonder if it's the people who pack these CDs are swapping the good ones with used ones.

Rangeela CD came in a resealable pack and has scratches and seems used (wear and tear). Good old buying from local shops seems better.

Also bought another The Legend of Bhagat Singh CD which is Identical to my existing CD (even packing date). So same good sound quality. Just new stickers over the old rate with slight increase in price.

Also bought Another copy of Daud CD which had a 'rotting' cd from Rhythm House. The data layer started to develop hollow spots. Copied it to a CD-R. Recording quality is the same as my first copy. Low volume recording with decent high and low fqs

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back