Layout of my (tobe) Livingroom HT

well, thanks for the suggestions. i'll keep them in mind.

this initial layout is based on what i've learned from this forum plus what i've seen on the web plus the audition rooms i've visited. the onkyo tall boys were kept some 12 ft aprt in the showroom. i am planning to have a seperation of abt 8ft to 9ft considering my viewing distence of 9.5ft.

according to you, what should be the ideal seperation for fronts?

thanks for the suggestions again

given your room width of 11', 8' of separation between the towers should be good. But my suggestion was to help you have enough clearance between the towers & the side walls.

One more suggestion. Since your room is under construction, see if you can plan & keep your audio rack somewhere in the side - i.e, not directly in front of you & in-between the speakers but somewhere along the 17' long wall. This way, there will be no furniture/ clutter in-between the towers. I believe this makes a big difference. Most of the listening rooms that I have been to, had their audio racks in the side. You will have to plan your wiring etc based on this if you want to implement it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back