LCD/Plasma suggestions within 50K or so

John

Hi folks,

Sometime back I had put up a thread where I have mentioned my 29" Philips CRT going kaput and now I need it replaced.

I have not yet discussed the discounts they are going to offer on Philips brand, but with the way the service has been for my CRT, I am not sure if it the wisest thing to stick with Philips again. :confused:

Therefore, commonsense asks me to stay with the mass brands of Samsung and LG. I want to buy a TV within 50k or so, though I can stretch it to maybe 60K if needed.

I hardly watch TV, but when I do I like to do it big and in style :eek:hyeah:

As of now, most of the TV watching is going to be done by my kids.

For example, every weekend I love to sit with a bag of kebabs and beer and watch a nice HD flick on my Optoma HD 65 projector. So I would like my TV to be as close to possible as that he he ...I know not possible, got to stick to 42 inches I think? or 50 possible?

I am open to both LCD and Plasma suggestions. However, I get this feeling that Plasma is going to be old technology by another 5 years or so? I really don't want to get into a similar situation like I did with my CRT TV. No spares. Lack of spares and what no. To give you and example, they first thought the EPROM was damaged and ordered it from Singapore. A long waiting period and in the end it did not work! :mad:

I went to Ezone last evening and saw a 42" LG LD650, I think and it looked pretty decent, but it cost 70k???

Next to it was some other model, don't quite remember the model, but it was a G series or something, for much less, 50K or something, with the red border and dolby digital sticker and all (? Jazz series), so I wonder if I should be looking at that...the picture quality was waaayyyyyy below that of the LD one though.

Need quick suggestions guys. I would have considered Panasonic as well, but again service where I live is virtually nonexistent.

Last edited:
there are many options with ~50K budget..

LCDs:

Samsung 40C530 (~49K)
Sony 40Ex400 (~55K, 40-45K in grey)
LG LD460 (~45K)

Plasma :

Samsung 42C450 (~45k)
Panasonic 42X20, 42A20 (~40k)
LG 42Pj350, 42pj650, 42pj560 (~38-45K)

try finding shops near your place to get a demo and then decide..

Thanks, alok. Will check these out for sure. How much does the 50" LG Plasma sell for?

jhon get the samsung c 450 42 inch plasma from chroma at 47k with a phlips dvd player free at 2611 per month for 18 months prossing fee 700 rupees

John,

Have you decided on the TV that you were planning to buy?
I am also planning to buy a plasma having the same budget as yours. Would be really helpful if you can share some kind of comparison between different models.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back