LCD/Plasma suggestions within 50K or so

John

Hi folks,

Sometime back I had put up a thread where I have mentioned my 29" Philips CRT going kaput and now I need it replaced.

I have not yet discussed the discounts they are going to offer on Philips brand, but with the way the service has been for my CRT, I am not sure if it the wisest thing to stick with Philips again. :confused:

Therefore, commonsense asks me to stay with the mass brands of Samsung and LG. I want to buy a TV within 50k or so, though I can stretch it to maybe 60K if needed.

I hardly watch TV, but when I do I like to do it big and in style :eek:hyeah:

As of now, most of the TV watching is going to be done by my kids.

For example, every weekend I love to sit with a bag of kebabs and beer and watch a nice HD flick on my Optoma HD 65 projector. So I would like my TV to be as close to possible as that he he ...I know not possible, got to stick to 42 inches I think? or 50 possible?

I am open to both LCD and Plasma suggestions. However, I get this feeling that Plasma is going to be old technology by another 5 years or so? I really don't want to get into a similar situation like I did with my CRT TV. No spares. Lack of spares and what no. To give you and example, they first thought the EPROM was damaged and ordered it from Singapore. A long waiting period and in the end it did not work! :mad:

I went to Ezone last evening and saw a 42" LG LD650, I think and it looked pretty decent, but it cost 70k???

Next to it was some other model, don't quite remember the model, but it was a G series or something, for much less, 50K or something, with the red border and dolby digital sticker and all (? Jazz series), so I wonder if I should be looking at that...the picture quality was waaayyyyyy below that of the LD one though.

Need quick suggestions guys. I would have considered Panasonic as well, but again service where I live is virtually nonexistent.

Last edited:
there are many options with ~50K budget..

LCDs:

Samsung 40C530 (~49K)
Sony 40Ex400 (~55K, 40-45K in grey)
LG LD460 (~45K)

Plasma :

Samsung 42C450 (~45k)
Panasonic 42X20, 42A20 (~40k)
LG 42Pj350, 42pj650, 42pj560 (~38-45K)

try finding shops near your place to get a demo and then decide..

Thanks, alok. Will check these out for sure. How much does the 50" LG Plasma sell for?

jhon get the samsung c 450 42 inch plasma from chroma at 47k with a phlips dvd player free at 2611 per month for 18 months prossing fee 700 rupees

John,

Have you decided on the TV that you were planning to buy?
I am also planning to buy a plasma having the same budget as yours. Would be really helpful if you can share some kind of comparison between different models.

Cheers

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back