LCD: sony vs samsung vs any good brand

balajeem

hello all,

I was told by some of my colleagues that Samsung is also a good brand when it comes to LCD TV, but when I ask to compare in a multi-branded shop they say that SONY panels are slightly one notch above samsung LCD panel and they are sure to last longer than Samsung or for that matter any brand.

Is it true ? what's people's experience of these brands or any other brand and the recommendation ?

Don't let this be a factor in your decision..for choosing the right LCD

But the Sony is known to give the same technology of a lesser known brand with an excellent covering with a higher MRP..
It is the same with Digicams/Camcorders/Laptops/Netpads/LCDs and the list goes on..

I heard this from a technician in a TV repair shop that Sony/Samsung use the same panels for their LCDs, but then again this might be completely wrong, and was 2 years ago, when I was shopping for the same.

What about the LED TV. Sony has not launched it. How Sony regular LCD compared with Samsung LED?

Actually, Sony's RGB LED backlighting is better than any other LED backlighting technology out there. It produces richer colours and has local dimming. Only thing is that it costs a bomb. Yes, I'm talking about Sony's X series TV sets:

55 (140cm) X450A Series Full HD BRAVIA LCD TV
The 55 (140cm) X Series BRAVIA manages to achieve the perfect synergy of design and technology with cutting-edge technologies such as RGB Dynamic LED, BRAVIA Engine 2 Pro, Motionflow PRO Technologies and DLNA.
Full HD 1080
RGB Dynamic LED
BRAVIA Engine 2 PRO
Motionflow PRO
BRAVIA Sync
DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance)
Standard Retail Price:
MRP Rs. 399,900 /-*
(MRP inclusive of all taxes)

Anyone willing to shug out Rs 4 Lakh for one? :D

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back