left speaker crackling noise

kvandhi

My left speaker is having crackling sound for last couple of days. I have cleaned the contact points of banana plugs and even checked amp connection.
Still the crackling sound is there. How to fix. Any work arounds please share.

Stereo setup:
Marantz PM 5005
Scansonic S4 speakers
Nuforce UDAC
Laptop.

My left speaker is having crackling sound for last couple of days. I have cleaned the contact points of banana plugs and even checked amp connection.

Stereo setup:
Marantz PM 5005
Scansonic S4 speakers
Nuforce UDAC
Laptop.
So you've already checked & cleaned the connection points of all the equipments.
Swap cables for spare ones.
If the issue persists, check inside the speakers for loose wiring or damaged components. Maybe a worn out solder.
(I just googled and tried to find the reason)

Stereo setup:
Marantz PM 5005
Scansonic S4 speakers
Nuforce UDAC
Laptop.
Problem is in the amp. I had a similar problem in the past. I do not remember the name of the part that was changed. It is not a big problem but I am not sure the repair cost as Imported audio component service center charges are exorbitant. If I remember the name of the part that was changed in my amp I will write it down in some further comment.

Stereo setup:
Marantz PM 5005
Scansonic S4 speakers
Nuforce UDAC
Laptop.
Most probably it is capacitors that can be faulty, maybe on the amp board that drives the left channel. I am not a technical person, faced same problem few years back with a NAD integrated amp.

Stereo setup:
Marantz PM 5005
Scansonic S4 speakers
Nuforce UDAC
Laptop.
Did you swap speaker cables at speaker side? If still sound coming from left side then speaker issue or coming from right side then amp side issue. Check and see, you can have idea which is the issue.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back