Legend SPB no more ;(

Such a talented multilingual singer.. I was always captivated by the Bhaava he puts into his songs.

He will be missed for ages to come :(

Om shanti

Apart from his captivating singing he was such a wonderful human being and down to earth person. Prayed sincerely for his recovery. Very unfortunate and sad to hear the news now. You will always live with your music SPB sir.

Great loss to the Indian music. First time I noticed him for playback singing in movie Hum Aapke hai Kaun and liked his voice very much.
He will always be missed. RIP

One of the few doyens who made life worth living across millennia..Truly blessed by God was SPB. When history will be written latter on Indian Cinema, more so South Indian Cinema, it will be chronicled BSPB/ASPB. He was the true Vamana avatar, his voice spanning across microsms of the earth, across Nook and Corner , and last if not least entered our soul and stayed there......forever.

What a sad day! Grew up listening to SPB's songs and feel as if a part of my soul is lost. Such a versatile singer - be it soft melodies or peppy beats, his voice matched the mood and the emotions his voice expressed in music will live for ever. Ohm Shanthi.

Sad news indeed.I have been listening to his songs from School days.Tried singing/copying the way he used to Hindi songs.In fact last night l was enjoying his live youtube songs and Today got sad news.
My sincere condolences .

There are Very Few Indian Musicians Who Successfully broke all the Language barriers, Regional Barriers, Ethnic, Age, Generation, National and Even Continental Barriers with Their Exceptional Musical Talent & Performances ; SPB will forever be a Leader in this list...
A life so accomplished that it is really tough to pay condolences, when we know that, a part of SPB is going to remain with everyone of us Forever!
Om Shanti

Its indeed a huge loss to Indian and specifically south Indian/Telugu music/TV/film industry/music lovers, enthusiasts and new breeding talent.

Beyond his musical accomplishments, I used to really respect him for his long memory when he reflected upon how the specific recordings took place (songs recorded few decades back) and the interactions he had with the erstwhile stalwarts (many of whom are no more!). More importantly the guidance/ advice to young musical talent (on one telugu TV show called 'Paaduta Teeyaga' ) where he used to provide very objective/ specific feedback and importantly emphasize on 'proper pronunciation' which sadly is getting ignored by the current generation.

Balu sir - may you attain moksha!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back