Legendary record seller Md Ilyas passes away

Md. Illius was really an amiable person. I had a very good relationship with him for more than two decades. Every time I visited his shop at Wellington , kolkata and every time he gave me records of my choice. He could understand my choice and he always offered me records that I wanted to buy. Actually, he could sense it. He was so helpful. I can remember that once he sent his techie, a veteran one to my place which is about 30 kms away from kolkata to fix a turntable. His premature demise is a loss to all the vinyl lovers. RIP Illius bhai.
Regards

Truly a fine person. I recall purchasing a few LPs from him about 7 years back. There was another gentleman, Muktsar( maybe I got the name wrong), across the road, who also sold records at very reasonable prices. Sadly he also passed in 2016 or 17. RIP my friends.

Since I had a very good relation with him, he used to send me records of my choice(hindi/bengali/ghazals) that too in near mint conditions. Some of them are really in mint condition. We had a very good time when I was in Kolkata. We used to discuss on various issues sitting together in the evening on return from my office. His illness was detected a few months back & deteriorated fast. I talked to him a month ago. He complained of weakness & said movement had become very difficult. He was not able to speak properly.

For Vinyl lovers specially of Kolkata & nearby towns/states, Md Ilyas was a well known name. Veteran & legendary record seller passes away creating a vacuum for all of us. It is a huge loss particularly for me. His soul may "RIP"
RIP; have met him a few times and he was really a genuine human being. Never looked to overcharge and was very honest with his dealings.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back