Length for Usb Cable from pc to dac ??

SBalaji

hai friends i am using an audio gd fun dac and i would like to extended the length from 1 m to more. So whats the maximum length possible considering a budget of 2-3k max ?

..using an audio gd fun dac and i would like to extended the length from 1 m to more. So whats the maximum length possible...
While shorter the better, technically, you should be fine up to 5m without any perceivable/audible loss in quality.

I have used upto 4 meters between PC and DAC without drop outs.
I still have that cable. It is a green colour Forest cable from Audioquest.
Shorter is though advisable unless you are constrained to go with longer cables.

Shorter is though advisable unless you are constrained to go with longer cables.
What are you using currently?

What are you using currently?
I am now 95% on digione signature, so use digital coaxial cable and not USB.
But occasionally I do use my laptop with the 4-meter Audioquest USB cable so that I can operate it from my listening position and simultaneously use it for my office work also.

Other than that, I have a cable that came with the DAC which is around a meter and another very short 20 inch cable which I was using with USBridge and USBridge Signature

Any particular reason shorter cable is advisable , since you have both the cables did you notice any difference whilst using both ?

Any particular reason shorter cable is advisable , since you have both the cables did you notice any difference whilst using both ?
Have used the longer one with laptop n the shorter with the USBridge. Never compared simultaneously. Will do sometime next week and update.

I am using a 4m audio quest cable from my dac to amp. The amps inbuild wifi receiver sounds better. Not sure if it is coz of length.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back