Less sound from centre Spk

Changing the center channel may change the whole sound signature. Its important that the center channel is matched to the front speakers. Did you try adjusting the center channel level from the settings in the avr. Do it and i think the problem should be solved

If you want to change,change Fronts and center both of same family.I had done it with my Onkyo Htib earlier and yes sound improved.

"
Less sound from centre Spk "

When you make this statement, it it for a 5.1/7.1 audio? Like DVD movie?
Or is it for normal set top box audio?
Or perhaps stereo audio like CD player / USB media player etc.

Are you also getting most of the sound effects in the central channel?
As far as I remember, the center channel is mainly used for spoken dialogs.

If i were you i would first check the volume of center channel in the receiver settings and increase it. As such, most people i know keep their center volume 2 or 3db higher than other speakers.
If you are still not happy, then you could change your center channel. My personal opinion is that timbre matching the center with L and R is a little overrated. I have noticed that about 60% of the movie sound comes from center channel and there are very few scenes where sound pans from left to center to right. I feel i will not mind that, so i don't think i will necessarily want to have the speaker from same manufacturer for the center and L/R.
I myself am considering changing my center channel. I have a treated, dedicated room and want a beefier center channel though my current one is pretty good. I am considering one of the following - Polk tsx 250c, Focal chorus cc700 or Klipsch RC 62ii.
One thing that you will have to watch out is the sensitivity of the center channel. Because your receiver may not have high output power, you will need to get a speaker that has a sensitivity of 90 and above. Hope this helps

Nice detail in my language(new to AV world)
So can you mention some names with sensitivity of 90 and above
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
While watching movies the dialogue is not clear
AV-Onkyo Ht r590
Spks- Onkyo
Blu ray player-sony basic model

Analyse yourself to know the problem lies with speaker or Receiver. You can do it by changing level calibration settings.

I once had a same problem with onkyo because of the IC unit problem in receiver.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back