lets join to do High purity Silver-OFC ICs

Yes, as Joseph pointed NKMCHI plugs in ebay or from direct Chinese websites selling are fake and i have purchased a few packets from different vendors. We can try neutrik plug available in Bangalore market or we go for some reputed brands to get exact result.

Hi Kaushik,

Please add me too the list for 2 pairs. I am updating the list for your convenience.

Inital build :
*kaushik
*srinisundar

in Queue :
*Flash
*Sourforged
*ruenigma
*anm
*nagurum1974
*anilva (2 pairs)
*Olly (2 pairs)
*sbg
*apk (2 pairs)

Thanks,
APK

Updating the list for everyone's convenience.

Folks do put in the number of pairs that each one needs.

Inital build :
*kaushik
*srinisundar

in Queue :
*Flash (2 pairs)
*Sourforged
*ruenigma
*anm
*nagurum1974
*anilva (2 pairs)
*Olly (2 pairs)
*sbg
*apk (2 pairs)

Thanks,
APK

Yes, as Joseph pointed NKMCHI plugs in ebay or from direct Chinese websites selling are fake and i have purchased a few packets from different vendors. We can try neutrik plug available in Bangalore market or we go for some reputed brands to get exact result.

ok no nakamichiplug , i was carried away by Nakamichi plugs, Nakamichi connectors, banana plug, RCA plug, Nakamichiplug.com , Nakamichi Audio Speaker Banana Plug connector, Nakamichi plug, Nakamichi connector.
There are bad stories about them . they are made of iron!!

thanks apk for the list. I will go hunting neutrik one . Bangalore seller says decent neutrik is 70Rs and american ones are 120Rs:mad: .. i asked few months ago.

Maybe you should do a comparison with IC's using conductors from here.

Once you get your silver coated conductors, let me know and I will send you 6 feet of the 30 gauge wires so that you can build with that and compare.

For me, "inexpensive" wins every time :) :)

Once you get your silver coated conductors, let me know and I will send you 6 feet of the 30 gauge wires so that you can build with that and compare.

I can send some moderate "Expensive" ones and we will compare those too:cool:

keith ,
comparing coil magnet wires ? to cable conductors but how.

Neutrik and even Amphenol is available in SP Road. IIRC the shop was Techtronix. I bought Neutrik XLR connectors from there.

will do a saturday hunt @SP road .XLR is common as musicians uses these more , yup i have seen RCAs also some times back
==the list ==
Inital build :
*kaushik
*srinisundar

in Queue :
*Flash (2 pairs)
*Sourforged
*ruenigma
*anm
*nagurum1974
*anilva (2 pairs)
*Olly (2 pairs)
*sbg
*apk (2 pairs)
*gcpraveen

Please count me in too for 1 pair - RCA to RCA.
Would be very interested to hear the results of the 1st build !:licklips:

==the list ==
Inital build :
*kaushik
*srinisundar

in Queue :
*Flash (2 pairs)
*Sourforged
*ruenigma
*anm
*nagurum1974
*anilva (2 pairs)
*Olly (2 pairs)
*sbg
*apk (2 pairs)
*gcpraveen
*Vivek Rao
*captrajesh(3metre,pair)

@vivek.saikia: Braided cable will go very expensive as price /foot =25USD
1 metre pair = 150USD + shipping + plugs=200USD approx

==the list ==
Inital build :
*kaushik
*srinisundar

in Queue :
*Flash (2 pairs)
*Sourforged
*ruenigma
*anm
*nagurum1974
*anilva (2 pairs)
*Olly (2 pairs)
*sbg
*apk (2 pairs)
*gcpraveen
*Vivek Rao
*captrajesh(3metre,pair)

@vivek.saikia: Braided cable will go very expensive as price /foot =25USD
1 metre pair = 150USD + shipping + plugs=200USD approx
UPDATE:
Small issue with goals ofthe build To keep cost near 1500Rs :
BL1 cable is costing little more .11foot is costing me 66.61USD=>3696Rs approx for 2 pairs .
Per pair 1800Rs for cables .
This is for 0.8Metre cables .
Adding good plugs will go Rs. 2K+ ... I am not happy for it . looking for cheaper sources of the cable

But looking at positive review talks on the cable , i am assuming paying a little extra is also worth

more praises from
Howard Kneller:http://www.soundstageav.com/onhifi/20090901.htm

at soundstageav
more ...
http://www.value-audio.com/subpg-bl1.htm

Last edited:
More literature for dreaming :

Critically acclaimed & offering huge 'Bang-for-the-Buck.
BL-1 is frequently compared to cables costing 3 to 5 times the price!

Acclaimed by professional reviewers and audiophiles alike for their wonderful sound. Especially noted for their huge "Bang for the Buck" sonic qualities. The BL-1 Interconnects are frequently compared by professional reviewer to interconnects selling at 3 to 5 times the price.

You can save yourself a bundle, and live the charmed life of a very satisfied, non-cable obsessed audiophile! If you think we're kidding, check out the professional review below.

Heavy silver cladding over Oxygen Free Copper:

Multi stranded slow drawn oxygen free copper (OFC) wire is heavily clad with high purity silver. Proprietary surface treating creates a fusion between metals, and a super smooth surface that renders excellent transparency, smooth extended frequency response, and musical detail. The adroit combination of silver with OFC offers the benefits of the "Silver Sound" characteristics sought after by audiophiles, at much less expense than 100% silver cables. This includes crystal bell-like clarity, sense of "air" and realism, musical detail and speed, and overall delicious musicality.

Synergizing pure silver with oxygen-free copper creates a smooth, full bodied sound quality; OFC takes the edge off of the hard bright sound that can be typical of 100% silver cables. Mids are clear, neutral, dynamic, and smooth. Bass is detailed, deep, clean, and tight. Spectral balance is very accurate. This very intellegently engineered design offers genuine high-end audiophile sonic quality for far less cost than competing brands.

Tube equipment users will love Silver Sonic Cables, which make a wonderful match. Silver can sound wonderful with tubes, and their low capacitance is great for your equipment.
Also suitable for balanced interconnects:
The BL-1 is a fully balanced interconnect cable consisting of two insulated center conductors, plus a foil shield and a separate drain wire. The conductors are made from slow-drawn, oxygen-free copper. Each of the fine strands is individually plated with silver.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back