LG 42PJ560 full screen video playback

ramkris

I have a LG 42PJ560 which has USB support for divx. (Although in other countries mkv playback is supported but not in India).

When tried to playback DVD VOBs, there is considerable black band on both the top as well as sides. When contacted support they say, it does not support playback of VOB in full screen. They are saying I have to convert the video to a divx/avi with the TVs native resolution to play it in full screen.

The support wont try to fix this issue and say this is a limitation. But I dont see the purpose of providing USB playback but not in fullscreen for VOB which infact plays but not in fullscreen. Let me know the right way to take this up with LG and possibly fix this.

Now I regret buying this tv compared to the Samsung 42C450 which even supports mkv playback also which this one does not.

Why don't you go to the menu and try adjusting the picture ratio to "cinema zoom". Once in cinema zoom you can manually crop the picture until the black bars have disappeared. I am not sure though if you can change the ratio while playing from the TVs in-built USB port. Give it a try and let us know if it works.

Shredder

I don't think you can adjust the ratio for the USB mode. This was a problem in our 42PQ70 of 2009. I however did not bother, since I anyway use my WDTV HD Media Player for Divx, WMV, MP4, MKV and what not.

Ramkris

I recently bought a 50PJ560 plasma and have not tried the USB feature yet. I will give this a shot with a Divx file and let you know how it plays. In the 42PQ70 plasma of 2009 that we have in my parents' place, the ratio is a problem in the USB mode. Even for JPG files, it is a problem. I will however check on my new plasma and let you know.

---Venkat

Hi,

This is known issue. I am going to raise concern for this. If we can form group of PJ560, we can then bargain in lot like PK550 owners are doing.

Even I have seen this issue with low res files, for which you can not streach FULL screen.

Mehul

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back